Lines73

2013 348" Archery Bull

On the second day of the hunt I was hunting solo and was able to get between two bulls that were bugling and when I finally seen some cows headed my way I just got down and waited for them to get close. As the cows were walking by I ranged them at 62 yards so I went ahead and drew and waited for the bull to follow them. Right before the bull appeared he bugled and then my heart began to race! As he appeared in the open I realized I did not have a diaphram in my mouth to call and stop him so I decided to take a walking shot. I released and heard the 100grain Swacker smack him perfect behind his shoulder, I grabbed a cow call and started to cow call and stopped him. I knocked another arrow thinking I will take another shot but just as I started to draw they started to take off and I noticed the bull was swaying and he took a few more steps and then fell! He only went about 60 yards from where I hit him, this was the first Bull I have ever seen go down and what an amazing feeling that is!!

post-5637-0-56486800-1379442114_thumb.jpgpost-5637-0-34376300-1379442130_thumb.jpg

This is how we got him to the truck!

post-5637-0-85911900-1379444568_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Great bull!!! Congrats. And I like the way you got him in the trailer. I might have to try that if I get lucky in 2 weeks. Congrats again!!

Awesome, awesome, awesome. .. every time I see a new thread, the jealousy kicks in.... I second the way you got him in the trailer. ...congrats on a good bull..

• Like 1

Nice Job good looking bull! have a 22n Tag late hunt. Sure gets the blood going cant wait.

Those bases have to be like 10 inches!! What a beast!! Great Job!

Both bases are exactly 11 inches and his 3rd on the right side is 20 inches!