Sign in to follow this  
MadMax692

Swaro"s vs Kiabab

Everything I have bought from swaro is worth as much today as I paid for them. 10x42, 15x56, and the spotter! The only exception might be the RF which is much cheaper to buy used.

I think the Kaibabs are a great deal but you wont be able to get much more than half of what you paid if you decide to sell the and upgrade.

I don't own the Vortex, but I have a lot of buddies that do. I was lucky enough to get a pair of Swaro 15x56 SLC a long time ago, when you could still get them cheap on the "gray market". Mine came from France and I think they were around $1117 at the time including the VAT. Only difference between them and the ones sold in the US is they have black rubber coating instead of green.

I've looked through mine, and my friends' Vortex at the same things and I have to agree with the other posters here, there is no comparison. The Vortex are good, even great glass. The Swaro 15x56 is, in my opinion, stand out above just about any other glass out there. The only glass I've looked through that compares and in some ways beats Swaro for my eyes is Leica, but they are in no way cheaper.

/>Thanks for all the posts. I think i hae decided to go with Swaro"s. cabelas has them on sale. Gonna go down next Sat.
You should consider buying from cameraland. They are a site sponsor and also have the swaros on sale. You will get them before you get to cabelas and will save a lot on the sales tax. Just my $.02

I just bought some razor hd 12x50's from them. After owning the kiababs and vipers and using the swaros 15's, I am VERY impressed with these razors. I freaking love them!

• Like 1

/>

/>Thanks for all the posts. I think i hae decided to go with Swaro"s. cabelas has them on sale. Gonna go down next Sat.

You should consider buying from cameraland. They are a site sponsor and also have the swaros on sale. You will get them before you get to cabelas and will save a lot on the sales tax. Just my $.02

I just bought some razor hd 12x50's from them. After owning the kiababs and vipers and using the swaros 15's, I am VERY impressed with these razors. I freaking love them!

The razors are awesome. prolly the best IMO

Comes down to what you can afford! The swaros are more clear but the kiabads will be ok for the 1k. I bought the kiabads then upgraded to the swaros and never looked back.

I went to Outdoorsman where I could try each one I was interested in. He set up tripods outside and I spent quite a bit of time behind the ones I was interested in.

I tried multiple brands first. Swaro won out. My toughest choice was 10's or 12's. I carry my binos EVERYWHERE when in the field. I chose 10s. The 10s for me were clearer. Your eyes make a big difference compared to the next guy. Once in awhile I'll take a peek through my husbands 15s (with one eye..LOL). Beautiful clarity and closeness, but I still would rather have my 10s

As for durability of Swaros, I'm still out on that one. I know I can be hard on equipment, but mine are already needing to be sent out for repairs. This is just from me using them a lot - I did not damage them. They literally are falling apart.

I'm waiting til next year to send them in after all the hunts are over.