KILLDEER

what would you do? i need some advice!

Checked a water tank this morning that I am planning on hunting the first ten days of the archery deer hunt and there is a pop up blind set up on it.. what would you do?

Thanks

Get There Before They Do Every Morning. Blind Or Not, First Come First Serve.

Jump in there blind and hunt.Early bird gets the worm. Or gets to fight for the worm when the other birds show up. LoL

I'd leave a note. We did this once and it worked. We communicated with the guy, shared our schedules, and worked it out.

On the other hand, during my husband's turkey hunt this year he was sitting a water hole and I'm not kidding this other man came right up and sat down on the other side of the hole AFTER clearly seeing my husband there.

I'd try being reasonable 1st and maybe you can work something out. If not, you are faced with fighting for it or walking away. I've decided if they aren't willing to work something out, then let them have it. Karma is a bitch. There's more water holes, more deer, and alternative ways to hunt.

• Like 1

call the FS seems they will be glad to remove it if it has been there more than 72 hours :D

I would find a new spot go spot an stalk.if someone has blind on it means they were there first.they could have had a camera on the spot since march an have spent hrs driven an hiking to check cam change sd cards batteries. What would you do if it was your blind an you woke up early an went to your blind only to find someone else was in it.

this comes up every year and its always the same. yes first come first serve but it always doesnt work out that way. Id say leave well enuf alone and head to another tank. not worth fighting over a spot opening morning and ruining the hunt.

I say find a new spot. What if you set up the blind and someone else had the same intentions. I never go into the woods with out a few backup plans. The water I plan on sitting has 2 trailcams on it right now. Im sitting it thursday if there are no treestands or blinds by the time I get there. I hope to meet them and hash it out Thursday and not Friday at 4am in the dark and ruin opening morning.

• Like 1

I'd try to work something out. It is first come first serve basically. But if that don't work get there real early and pee all around that tank and go sit the closest water hole nearby. The deer won't come within 200 yards of that one! Just an idea :)

• Like 1

Is it really worth the confrontation, argument or fight? I always have a back up plan, and never rule out going spot and stalk, it works.

• Like 1