Sign in to follow this  
4xmike

Completely Addicted

So last January a buddy and I were javi hunting in 21 and saw nothing but deer the whole time. We arrived in the unit for the hunt opening day and were in the field with our 6 year old kids with in an hour. We had a few hours of light left so we found an area we could stay high and glass from. While we were walking to our set up point when a very nice 8 point whitetail crossed in front of us about 50 yards out. The darn thing stopped and stood broad side for about 1 minute. We didn't have archery tags for deer thinking that with two 6 year olds we would never get a shot at a deer. The rest of the weekend and the following trips out all we saw were deer. We decided to put in for 21 as the first choice and drew Whitetail tags for end of October. I have can not get the hunt of my mind. We are going to take the first two days of the hunt alone then the wife will bring my son out to spend the rest of the hunt with us. He is completely excited and says he will be quite and help us glass. Being that he will be there I am practicing to be able to comfortably take up to a 500 yard shot. I remember hunting with my dad when I was young and those where the best times for our family. I am hoping to fill the tag, but I am happy to be able to do this with my kids.

Welcome to CWT. My best memories of my kids were taking them along hunting and fishing when they were little.

Good luck on your hunt and welcome to the best site on the Internet.

Welcome to the site! +1 6ANut