Sign in to follow this  
Brian27

WTB - custom stock... cant find a premade for my gun

I have a Savage .243 that has a cracked stock with a story.. I want to buy a new stock for it but we can't find the right one. we have ordered and returned 2 that were supposed to fit without luck.. so maybe someone on here builds stocks??? I dont need anything too fancy it is just a basic .243 with an old bushnell stock but it has always shot so straight.

Savage Arms

Model II0E - H

Brian

623 693-3205

It is a long action if it is a 110. Back in the day, all Savages were built on long actions and had different mags to accommodate large, small and magnum rounds.

To order a stock for a Savage, you have to know a few things...

-To make sure its a long action, you need to measure the "center-center" distance of the action screws. It should be right at 5".

-Barrel contour. Is it a sporter, varmint or bull? If the diameter of the muzzle is close to 1/2" than it is a sporter.

-Mag style. Savage used a staggered feed mag in the beginning but switched to a center feed mag when they made a change to the rear of the action. An easy way to tell is by looking at the back of the action where your rear scope base is attached. If its flat, its a staggered feed. If its round, its a center feed. Also, is it a blind/internal mag or detachable mag.

Let me know and I can post some links to some stocks that will fit. Are you wanting a factory Tupperware stock, wood or a higher end composite?

I have a factory stock from my Savage build that is for a long action, blind mag, staggered feed sporter barrel. If it will fit, you are welcome to it. Let me know.

You most likely bought a short action when you actually need a long. That said, most stocks that are not factory usually need some work to fit.