cvitech2

Newbie for coues needing a little help

Where are the southern unit illegal/drug runner warnings?

All units in Arizona south of I10 have a chance of meeting up with illegals (unarmed, looking for work) and cartel (armed and carrying drugs) type folk. Just wanted to remind y'all since you aren't local.

+ 1 I'm suprised nobody mentioned the USA/Mexico Trans-international Highway with the express lane that gets you to the front of the food stamp line.

I am getting ready to put in for a tag for a Coues deer. I am an experienced hunter in North America; I will be hunting with 3-4 other people, in which only one has experience. They want to hunt Mulies while me and another put in for Coues. I have looked at 30A, 30B and 32. We do not have high expectations for this hunt. We have never hunted in AZ, and I myself have never even been to AZ. If we were lucky to get some shot opportunities at either species we would consider ourselves luck. Planning on choosing some dates in early Nov to late Nov. Any thoughts would be appreciated......

So did you and your friends get drawn?

+1 raganranch. For someone out of state planning on hunting the border units, expect the unexpected. The last few years in 35b have been night and day though. Used to see a ton of illegals and trash from them. Last few years seems like a new place. Maybe they just don't travel through my areas anymore.

We think that 36B will be the likely beach head of the hillbilly invasion. It looks like we are pretty well assured of drawing the October hunt based on the last 5 years application results. I may even try to bolt out there this summer from east Tx to do some scouting if I get a slow week at work.

The hunt that takes place in 36B -- my favorite unit -- over Thanksgiving would be my first choice with the Oct. hunt as 2nd choice. Both usually have leftovers after the initial drawing. The only hitch might be the 10% NR quota, but that's somewhat unlikely for Coues deer.

food for thought...37b has any antlered deer hunts (muley & whitetail hunt) at the same time...

+s...big unit, you and your buddy's have lots of land to look for antler,(any antler)) 2.zero border issues (or should be)

3.pretty easy to draw.

- s...not as many whitetails as the units mentioned, but they are there. 2. success rate isn't the greatest ...

Good luck with your Arizona quest...and keep us posted...max

food for thought...37b has any antlered deer hunts (muley & whitetail hunt) at the same time...

+s...big unit, you and your buddy's have lots of land to look for antler,(any antler)) 2.zero border issues (or should be)

3.pretty easy to draw.

- s...not as many whitetails as the units mentioned, but they are there. 2. success rate isn't the greatest ...

Good luck with your Arizona quest...and keep us posted...max

37B had a bad case of ungulate meningitis go through the deer herd this year. They are all dead. I would not apply for this unit.

We were all lucky enough to draw tags for Oct Couse, it wasnt working with our initial plan so we went with the Couse only. Started planning the trip today, seems like we will have a good time with or without hunting succes. Az needs to brace themselves for the hillbilly's.

/>We were all lucky enough to draw tags for Oct Couse, it wasnt working with our initial plan so we went with the Couse only. Started planning the trip today, seems like we will have a good time with or without hunting succes. Az needs to brace themselves for the hillbilly's.

What unit?

31, 32, 33, and 29 are all good units nad chances at big/nice bucks.