DesertBull

Almost, but no cigar!

P1010744.jpg

I thought I was going to bag my first deer with a bow this morning. Got within 40 yards of a buck I watched from sunup till 9:00. He finally bedded and I made my move. Down one steep slope and up another even steeper one. Peeked over the rocks and there he was, still bedded under the same tree. Range finder said exactly 40 yards, but all I could see was his eyes and muzzle. He had a small tree between me and him. I sat and waited. He had a small forky with him, but could not find him now. He was bedded nearby, but I had no idea where.

The wind shifted, and blew from me to a thick patch of oak brush and the forky blew out and took my buck with him. :angry:

Oh well, it's better than working!

Video that I took while waiting for him to bed.

th_buck-short.jpg

that sucks BUT at least u know where to look next time u get out there. i am pulling for ya good luck and he is a brute

Sweet buck. Nice main beams and major G2s. Pretty big gut on that sucker as well. Go get him tomorrow. Good luck and thanks for sharing. CB

Keep after him DesertBull, Good Luck and God Bless.

Isn't it amazing how we hunters can fail, fail, and fail some more and yet each time we fail we only want to go back and try some more? It drives us and I for one love it!

Nice looking buck. Your heart must have been pumping! Hang in there and keep us posted!

Good luck!!

Mark

Nice story Jeff.... I hope you get a chance to go after that buck again!

Very nice video too, that's cool that you are able to post a link like that. If you want to email me the clip I can put it in our video gallery here on CW.com if you want. For those of you that didn't notice, you can click on the filmstrip looking photo in his post and it opens the video. Cool!

Amanda

Good Luck DB. Great video clip and he sure looks like a nice one.

Keep at him.

I don't know about you guys, but my computer screen tells me that deer has an unusually light coat. Am I just seeing things? Not only a nice buck, but nearly albino!

I think I saw that buck this morning! BTW he's hard horned now and he's beautiful. Little hint: about 10 miles from pavement up a VERY rough road and you spotted him south of the road???

PM me if it sounds right.... my lips are sealed.

Donnie