SunDevil

Lots of us hunting 23 this year

Went back and checked who drew unit 23 this year. here is the list I came up with:

treestandman

fatfootdoc (early Nov)

TAM (early Nov)

Bcoover

Scott Adams (Oct muzzy)

Flagstaff4398 (his son)

Corkin it (early Nov)

Phx hunter

My hunting buddy and I will be over scouting from Oct 13th - Oct 15th.

We will probably scout and hunt the Harden Cienega area.

Anyone else care to share where they may be at to avoid stepping on each other toes when we are out there? Anyone hunting on a private ranch?

Anyone going to be over there scouting on the dates I am?

Good luck to you all and maybe we will meet up somewhere along the line. CB

I have a good friend, his son drew the juniors hunt and also he DREW A ONCE IN A LIFE TIME EARLY BULL TAG. during that same week. if any body in the area the next few weeks and sees any shooter bulls. he would like around 300"-320". we would thank you for the info.mike

Went back and checked who drew unit 23 this year. here is the list I came up with:

treestandman

fatfootdoc (early Nov)

TAM (early Nov)

Bcoover

Scott Adams (Oct muzzy)

Flagstaff4398 (his son)

Corkin it (early Nov)

Phx hunter

My hunting buddy and I will be over scouting from Oct 13th - Oct 15th.

We will probably scout and hunt the Harden Cienega area.

Anyone else care to share where they may be at to avoid stepping on each other toes when we are out there? Anyone hunting on a private ranch?

Anyone going to be over there scouting on the dates I am?

Good luck to you all and maybe we will meet up somewhere along the line. CB

WOW.. that is alot of NR hunters... I wonder if AZ gladly hosts as many NR hunters... Very Interesting..

Actually, 10% go to non residents without an outfitter and 12% go to NR with an outfitter. I am a proud to be a Resident of the state of NM however, (arizona expatriate!! from Flagstaff) and I will be up there scouting after the 2nd week of October since that is when I am done with my WY antelope hunt. That unit is GREEN, that means the deer won't be real fat or healthy so you guys should all just stay home and watch the Price is Right :lol: Actually I am going to just wait for Sun devil to drive by around opening day and then I will just see where he goes :lol: , I have some trespass rights on some property south of mule creek so will see what that country holds. AG

SunDevil,

Do you have the early or late Nov.

Jamaro- as Far as I know they only offered 10 % to NR.

Me and my hunting buddy have the Late Nov.

22% go to no residents..

j-

AG - Nice one :D

Desert Sheep - we have the early hunt

Jamaro - some of the people I listed are NM residents. Plus it is not our fault your state allows an extra 12% nonresidents as long as they hire an outfitter.

CB

sundevil,

NM has the extra non resident tags for outfitters because good old Georgie Porgie of USO fame had soem ins with the previous GOV(Brother in law I think) I emailed our infamous district commish (Dutch Salmon) on the nm game and fish commission and he did not even send me a rejection email!! AG

Now I know why I didn't get drawn.

Maybe next year.

Have fun.

Dan

Now I know why I didn't get drawn.

Maybe next year.

Have fun.

Dan

Bummer <_<

I'll be over there on the early hunt with Treestandman. I've hunted our area for several years now, so I know it pretty well. We did some scouting a few months ago and probably won't get back until the actual hunt at this point. Good luck to everyone!!!

Desertsheep you're right. Most units such as 23 won't get 12% Nonresidents with guides, so those tags go to Nonresidents without guides. Last year Non-residents actually got nearly 40% of the coues tags in unit 23 because the resident coues interest is low. Hope you all have successful scouting trips and hunts!

Travis

J,

What are you smoking? Your chance of getting an AZ sheep tag is less than your chance of Miss America showing up on your doorstep asking you to marry her!! :lol: It is time to quit fantasizing!! :lol: :lol:

ag