Since the March bears thread was a good one, and its April now, how about the bear updates here!

I was up and out in the Huachucas yesterday and did not see any bear sign at all. Above 7000ft there is still a small amount of snow on north faces. The melt is keeping water flowing but I suppose its still cold enough at night to keep the green shoots from growing and becoming bear food. Manzanitas are still blooming high up and the oaks are beginning to push out new leaves up to about 6500. Above that I did not see any new oak buds. The deer are still wearing antlers.

The bear sightings must be coming soon.

Saw bear tracks in unit 23 this weekend, several different areas.

Had a buddy in 22N and 23N this past weekend. No bear sign, but tons of water. Water will not be a variable for another month or two. Bears will start appearing in numbers once the OTC spring bear hunt closes at the end of April. It typically works out that way each year to the bears' advantage.

Bears are incahoots w az game and fish it appears haha. Anyway, I was in 23s over near Valentine ridge campground a month ago and saw plenty of gobblers. I had to yield once in my truck and once on my quad for them to cross the road for what it worth.

Bears are incahoots w az game and fish it appears haha. Anyway, I was in 23s over near Valentine ridge campground a month ago and saw plenty of gobblers. I had to yield once in my truck and once on my quad for them to cross the road for what it worth.

that's 23n

bears are on my cams in 23 two days ago before the storm

nice, already warm enough for a midday swim! was 69 deg on easter sunday.

the area I was in 23 the leaves and kindling on the ground were pretty darn dry. still moist under the top layer but just barely.

I could see a few tracks in the thick oak leaves where they were draggin their feet.

hung a camera on a trail so we'll see.

James

Well I can't go this weekend so Imy friend and I are planning on going Monday am and glassing all day in 23s. Anyone want to tag along? or we'd be open to keeping someone company on their scouting and meeting a fellow sportsman. Six eyes is better than two as they say.

Well I can't go this weekend so Imy friend and I are planning on going Monday am and glassing all day in 23s. Anyone want to tag along? or we'd be open to keeping someone company on their scouting and meeting a fellow sportsman. Six eyes is better than two as they say.

I might be able to go along on Mon.