Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

A few from Saturday

My wife and I went out for a long hike on Saturday. We didn't find any Brown's or nearly as many white's as I thought we were going to find, but it was still a really enjoyable day. I was able to find a nice Muley head. The nose was completely gone. I'm assuming it was a Lion Kill! We ended the day with 2 Muley sheds, 2 Elk sheds and 1 Muley Head! We did see one really pissed off Mojave Rattlesnake. No Bear sign:(

post-1205-0-20905700-1364838702_thumb.jpeg

post-1205-0-20459200-1364838757_thumb.jpeg

post-1205-0-74710700-1364838775_thumb.jpeg

post-1205-0-14990400-1364838796_thumb.jpeg

Was the rifle taken along to make sure the sheds were dead? :lol: ..or just "in case sh*t". I guess the best answer would be "because I have the dang right to". Great finds and lucky to have a wife who enjoys your passion.

I was carrying the rifle just in case I was able to fill my Bear tag:) Wishfull thinking, because there was NO Bear sign. I thought I had a good chance to see a Bear, but I was wrong:(

Great, I didn't even realize there was a bear hunt right now. That looks like a skull from a Yeti kill to me.

Several Unit's have a spring Bear hunt right now. I just use it as an excuse to get out of the house and hunt. This is my 3rd year hunting the spring Bear hunt. It's a great time to be walking the woods. All my other buddies walk into Bears every year, but I cant find one to save my life:( I'm sure it will eventually happen.

Adam

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HATE SNAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a feeling that I might see one on the trip, but after walking around for hours without seeing one I forgot about them. That was untill I herd this one rattle from 10 yards away. Thankfully it was a Mojave and not a Diamondback. Mojave's are know for letting you know quicker than Diamondback's. They both are very scarry!!!!