Sign in to follow this  
WHT_MTNMAN

Puerto Penasco

Well got a chance to head down with some good friends to Rocky Point. Caught 100's of sea bass, some trigger and small pinto bass and I had the privilege of hauling in 1 of the 2 good halibut taken on the trip. Thanks a bunch guys for an awesome trip and of course lots of good eats.

photobucket-41075-1362598553945_zps773ca

photobucket-41077-1362598477787_zps0d7d5

photobucket-15386-1362406715453_zpsc7c67

Nevermind the triple chin. its the off season so I gained some pounds :)

wow - those are some nice halibut. some of the biggest RP halibuts I have ever seen.

was the water to rough to venture out to the farther reefs that hold the bigger fish?

SD- On friday the water was very choppy, we only went out to 11 mile. Sat was a bit better and we went to 22 mile. We didn't make it further this trip, but we had a great time. I wasn't near the scale when they weighed them but they said they were in the mid 20's. They felt heavier to me but I must be losing strength. :) We also caught another small halibut, less than 10 #.

Elkaddict- bait drifting off the bottom.

Hopefully you rented the boat and didnt trailer it all the way! Looks like alot of fun! I was in san diego and we did some fishing south of the border! Man the fishing was unreal!