Sign in to follow this  
justinspe25

24B Javalina

I am going to scout the Bulldog Canyon\Goldfield Mountain area this weekend. Whats the hunting experience like in this area? With the strict road access rules I am thinking it will be a good area to find some animals.

Thanks for any feedback.

Justin

Hey Justin, I did Hummer tours in there for years (FR 10 and 3554). I only saw 1 javelina in all that time, but I never got off the road and actually looked for them.

Last year I hunted the OTC area west of Usery Pass Rd. to Power Rd. I found one really old javi scat, saw 0 pigs, lots of Mtn. Bikers and tons of horses.

The major difference I noticed between the 2 adjacent areas is the Bulldog side has a fair amount of prickly pear and the Usery Mtn area had none that I could find.

Try by Superior or behind Pinto mine probably will have better luck.

Thanks for the info guys! Well I went in to one of the Bulldog Canyon access points off the Apache Trail and found some good country but didn't glass anything up but hikers. I didn't find much sign around water catchments or in washes either. I will probably try something different this weekend, probably Queen Valley.