Never been to a football game in my life, I guess it's like smoking pot, just don't inhale...

Yes congrats to the ladies for punching their ticket to the world series.

Devils baseball will be in the Fullerton regional and start off with New Mexico on Friday.

I cant find anywhere in the regional brackets where the kitties are playing, am I overlooking them?

Yep the Wildcats are not there, even though they won series against 4 of the teams in the tournament. The RPI is flawed. There is no way the SEC should have 9 teams in the tournament, including 2 teams with losing records??? And the defending National Champs dont get to defend, when they have a better record than a third of the teams. The Pac 12 only sends 4 teams? Come on! The Pac 12 is just as strong as the SEC! Just look at the last 6 years who has won the College World Series... It's 3 Pac 12 teams. Anyways, I' ll suck in my pride and root for the remaining Pac 12 teams, including ASU. I hope they all kick a$$ and show up the SEC and ACC teams!

• Like 1

Cats Have No. 2 Fan Base in Nation

Posted on: May 5, 2013 in People & Places

inShare

Long a fixture of success on the court, a recent study by Emory University Sports Marketing Analytics found that the University of Arizona men's basketball fan base ranks No. 2 in the nation and No. 1 in the PAC-12.

The study, conducted by Mike Lewis and Manish Tripathi, lists the top-10 fan bases nationally as such: 1.) Louisville, 2.) ARIZONA, 3.) Duke, 4.) Arkansas, 5.) North Carolina, 6.) Texas, 7.) Kentucky, 8.) Syracuse, 9.) Marquette, and 10.) Oklahoma State.

Emory Sports Marketing Analytics based this study on a "revenue premium" method which attempts to predict revenue generation based on on-court success, i.e. winning percentages and NCAA Tournament advancement.

According to the study, "the key insight is that when a team achieves revenues that greatly exceed what would be expected based on team performance, it is an indication of significant brand equity. The analysis therefore avoids bandwagon effects and gets at the core loyal fan bases."

Arizona posted a 27-8 record (12-6 Pac-12) in 2012-13 and advanced to the NCAA Tournament's West Regional semifinals for the second time in three seasons.

Visit the official Arizona Wildcats website.

I would be willing in football (as ASU is joke in basketball, no other sports really matter to me)....I have not looked at the schedule and if I/we will have a hunt going on preventing us from going tot he game. The game last year coincided with the jr. hunt and luckily it was at night..... but before I bet anything in life the season has to play out a little... if Ka'Deen Careey stays healthy he is the best back in the nation, as he goes the Cats will go...

so Redman, you are only willing to wager on the ASU vs nogales north game, IF ka'deem stays healthy? that is weak! My money is on the Devils beating the kitties and finishing the season with a better Pac-12 record than who of a.