Sign in to follow this  
bowsniper

Executive order on 2nd amendment

heres aprt of it!

The following is a list, provided by the White House, of executive actions President Obama plans to take to address gun violence.

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

but we wont really know what will come out of this morons mouth or i mean what he will read

Thanks, I had been looking for this.

Purchased a 3 year membership to the NRA today. Takes money to file lawsuits. Hope they are experiencing a huge increase in membership.

• Like 4

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

What the heck does this mean? Private sellers are going to have to go to dealers to run back ground checks for them? Thanks King Hussein!!!

I'm not sure what some of these orders will ultimately mean for gun owners in the future, but I feel that we could have gotten a lot worse. I don’t feel that any of these executive orders were excessive. No assault ban for the time being! Let's home the many up coming assault, gun ban bills don't make it thru congress!

• Like 1

We can be the Checks and Balances again. Just work hard to vote the Dems out during the next election. Obama is walking a path to his own impeachment.

Obama is now repeating history. Hitler used kids as props all time. The second Fuhrer is among us.

I'm not sure what some of these orders will ultimately mean for gun owners in the future, but I feel that we could have gotten a lot worse. I don’t feel that any of these executive orders were excessive. No assault ban for the time being! Let's home the many up coming assault, gun ban bills don't make it thru congress!

Trust me, it is coming. He just knows that doing this via executive order is suicidal on his part.

This is the incremental approach. Their claiming to support the right to keep and bear arms but also saying that right must be "balanced" with the needs of society as a whole. their claim that banning certain guns, or parts of guns, or features of guns doesn`t constitute a serious infringement of rights. Their claiming society`s "greater good" outweighs the individual right to own a semi-auto with a large-capacity magazine, or a large capacity magazine itself etc... The incremental approach, where the individual`s constitutional guarantee is weighed against some alleged governmental or societal need, inevitably leads to the loss of rights, sometimes to their total destruction.

The incremental approach can similarly undermine a freedom by claiming the reasons for it no longer exist. An answer to the question, if all they want is a few rifles and handguns, or a few restrictions, why not give it to them?" is that that`s not what they want. Since none of the infringements is aimed at the problem of criminal violence, each and every one is doomed to failure. The anti-gunners are sure to follow up each failure, not with an admission their policies were misguided and should be repealed, but, instead, with a call for still more restrictions on the grounds the earlier restrictions weren`t enough. Thus, every infringement, far from reducing the pressure for more restrictions, simply increases the pressure for the next curtailment of the freedoms for which our forefathers fought and died.

• Like 2

What the heck does this mean? Private sellers are going to have to go to dealers to run back ground checks for them? Thanks King Hussein!!!

That's how I interpret it but since it is not the case now he will have BATF come up with a procedure probably modeled after what most states do now when you buy through an FFL holder. This will include any and all gun sales both private and retail but I don't see it happening anytime in the near future.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.If my Doctor ever asked me about my guns my answer would not be pretty. None of his (Explicative) business.

Hitler, Saddam Hussein, and Mussolini(sic), all used children as Props. Doesn't get any lower.

Dr coldfimgers - Mr DB do you happen own guns?

DB - bend over and I will show you.