Looking to get some insight on where to start on new project. Thinking 210berger vld but would like to here what every one else results are.

Rem 700 ss adl

210 Berger

92 grns of retumbo

215M primers

Set bullet to internal mag

Go no further :-)

H1000 or Retumbo 190gr HVLD's or 210's.

I actually had more consistency with the H1000 than Retumbo but it wont push them quite as hard.

I also have had better luck with H1000 compared to Retumbo.

Also note that the RUM is designed with a lot of freebore, to reduce pressure, so if you are looking to seat the bullets just off the lands, or in the lands, I would recommend starting a couple grains lower than you would with a SAAMI OAL. (FYI, I have a 27" Schneider P5 barrel.)

My load is

210 HVLD

86.5 grains of H1000

seated .020" off the lands,

Federal 215M primers

Nosler Brass.

3,050 FPS

My best group was 1.5" @ 750 yards

My buddy's rifle likes 92 grains of Retumbo under a Barnes 180 TSX.

What's ur twist vowel? I know the recomend 1-11 but mine is 1-10"

1-10 I believe, just the standard Remington Sps rifle. This should get you close, I know at one time there was about 9 of us using this load with all 1/2" or under groups. Every gun may be different though. We spent a lot of time trying to figure what works, and it's nice when you can get close by others info. With the 210's I learned its better to do test loads out at 300 yards rather than a 100. Talked to Berger and they commented the bullet "is more stable" at 300 yds. Anyways my 2 penny's. My hart barrel does better at 91 grns, but that's with a custom barrel. Good luck to you, and I would look into what everyone else has to say.

Thanks for all the insite guys!!! I'm gonna start with H1000 and 210vdl . Gonna start with max and work down or do ladder test

Thanks for all the insite guys!!! I'm gonna start with H1000 and 210vdl . Gonna start with max and work down or do ladder test

Starting with max?

Starting with max?

Agree, probably want to start low and go up

Ok point taken start low.. I do beleive I will do the ladder in .5 incriminates starting at 80grains. Loading one bullet per unless u guys think start higher

Here is some images of gun stock. It's at the smith getting break, polish, floated, pillar bedded, trigger and black laminate stock. Brand new never even shot lol

post-3282-0-22841800-1357789832_thumb.jpg

post-3282-0-24745000-1357789850_thumb.jpg

post-3282-0-32422600-1357789879_thumb.jpg

Let us know how it turns out. I have a Sendero and really like it.

Jeff

You never want to fire the MAX load first. Always start low and go up from there. Not every gun can handle max loads. Bad reloading technique if you do. I know some guys have great luck with reloader 25. Vowell and I shoot alot together and I've owned 2 300 rums and they both shoot very well with 92 grains of retumbo.

I would also load Atleast 3 of each test load. You won't know how accurate a load is if you only load 1 of each