Sign in to follow this  
thunderbolt

4 for 4

Well i am not good at all at writing stories... so ill keep it short and sweet.

post-610-0-19276600-1356886638_thumb.jpg post-610-0-64599400-1356886965_thumb.jpg

After a 2 hr hike in, Andrew shot his buck at 270 yards with a 22-250 and dropped him. The packout was the worst ever. We decided to drop off the mountain and hit the flats and walk around. I will never do that again in this area. After 3.5 hrs of packing out we were exhausted.

post-610-0-29286400-1356887032_thumb.jpgpost-610-0-73767700-1356887116_thumb.jpg

Well after seeing so many deer on andrews hike in, we decided to head back . Champ had never hunted deer before and it was his last day to hunt due to work. He wasnt being as picky as the rest of us. After several discussions about if we should let champ shoot at a 2 point....we moved over to a new glassing point. After an hour of glassing reggie saw this buck stand up. Reggie and champ then decided to bail off the mountain side that we were on and climb to the other side of the moutain. The plan worked out perfect. Champ dropped him with a 300 yard shot. This time we decided to stay on the hill and not drop into the flats. This pack out took only 2 hrs.

Well with 2 tags left, we decided to head into another area and make it somewhat of an easy day. After a 15 minute hike in we started seeing deer and then started seeing antlers. Reggie decided that after rolling his ankle two times and being sick the whole hunt he was gonna shoot this 3x3.

post-610-0-30050200-1356887862_thumb.jpg

After hiking up to the downed deer they called me on the phone and told that there was a nice 3x3 chasing a doe below them. Me and my buddy could not find the deer they were talking about. Reggie and the guys hiked back to the truck and dropped off the buck. When they got back they started glassing in the same area they were in and found the 3x3. Well after too many shots the buck was down. I guess buck fever got to me real bad.

post-610-0-01308600-1356888294_thumb.jpg

After gutting the deer we were back at the trucks within 20 minutes.

post-610-0-68417300-1356888383_thumb.jpgpost-610-0-81954100-1356888402_thumb.jpg

After a quick photo session off the road we were on our way back to safford with two bucks in the truck, and to top it off we were back in town before 1030 am.

Thanks to reggie, champ, jacob, cris, albert, team matt, austin, michael, justin, and andrew.

Way to get it done! Looks like a lot of work but what a day! You found a honey hole for sure! Huge congrats!

Man you guys know how to get it done...awesome! It was that shirt that made you miss...not buck fever! :D just kidding...

I like the last photo collage with the camo border. Very nice.

Thanks guys. We sure did find a honey hole. There were more bucks in there but we needed to get straight uphill and atleast 800 yards closer.

and bigorange...... all buckfever......lololol

Congrats! You definately beat some odds filling all four tags!

Seems like it was tough during this late hunt.

Great story and pictures.

Jeff