peckl1

Westernfield/Mossberg 410

A friend gave me a Westernfield 410 pump action shotgun. The model number is M550ER and serial number G559827. I have looked on the internet to find out when it was made but can't find the serial number listed anywhere. I'm not that interested in the value just the age. It is a gift from a friend who is getting up there in age. Something to remember him by. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

Sure thing. Post it up when they get back to you as you sparked my curosity. I know Mossberg also made some guns for a Hardware Store chain and believe it was the Model 660.

If I remember correctly Westernfield was a Wards brand. Montgomery Wards was a Sears and Roebuck like store.

Here is the response I received from the National Mossberg Collectors Association.

Hi Lee - the G serial numbers were made 1973-1977 - yours

is about half-way through the million-number series, so

best guess is 1975.

ThomC

I'm old enough to remember shopping in a Montgomery Wards.

yep westernfield is montgomery wards line of mossbergs- still got my 12ga i bought 45 yrs ago

410's are very collectable from that era - more so than the 20.s /12's -- i'd take it out quail hunting and enjoy using it / a great tribute to your freind!