Sign in to follow this  
codynicker

400" 4B Bull Down

That is an awesome bull. Amazing left side. Congrats on a great bull and a tough hunt.

GREAT BULL!! That is a tough unit. I was up there last Thursday - Sunday helping a friend. We were hunting the Chevlon side canyons. There are bulls in there, and some good ones. The rut action was very mild, and the bulls are tough to work in on in the canyons. I've been up there for a portion of the hunt the last three years (had a tag last year). Three years ago the rut was nuts. Last year not so good. This year was very quiet. It seems a lot of hunters do the "road warrior" race north on 170 each morning. That area must be better, but it seems like there would be more hunter competition. Not sure if I want to continue to put in for 4B. We quit on 5B-S due to poor tag odds, and the numbers are way down from previous years.

Huge congrats!! Thanks for sharing.

Yeah we were at the onion. If I were you guys I would work off the 504 as it turns towards chevlon canyon. There are about 8 bulls that move towards the 170 before daylight. If you get out and get ahead of them (around 3am) you can beat them to their beds. Its tough hunting, but you will get to see these bulls.

Alota of people put in "boot time" to get this information.....some info should be sent via PM. "mouse time" ruins it for those puttin in "boot time".

none the less congrats on the bull.

Alota of people put in "boot time" to get this information.....some info should be sent via PM. "mouse time" ruins it for those puttin in "boot time".

Thanks for sharing this. I hunt 4B sometimes and I had the same thought as you when I read the earlier post...I just couldn't think of a nice way to communicate my feeings :)

And as others have said, congrats on a fantastic bull in a very challenging unit.

Yeah we were at the onion. If I were you guys I would work off the 504 as it turns towards chevlon canyon. There are about 8 bulls that move towards the 170 before daylight. If you get out and get ahead of them (around 3am) you can beat them to their beds. Its tough hunting, but you will get to see these bulls.

I strongly agree. Maybe if "certain people" spent half as much time in the field as they do on this forum they wouldn't have to be told where to find bulls. And now everyone knows where to go.

If I can help somebody out I'm going to.

This forum was created to help other hunters and its cool that you want to do that. The point is when you post detailed info about game activity and location in an open thread in a public forum, which to date has over 2,800 views, you really aren't helping anyone, you are inviting everybody and his brother to come check out the new spot and nothing kills a good hunting spot like pressure. Google indexes this website like crazy and for years to come when someone searches "archery elk unit 4B" there is a good chance your tip will come up. In the long run that doesn't benefit anyone. The last few posts aren't bashing you for helping people, they are encouraging everybody to share specific info via PM as a way to ensure good areas stay good.

Congrats again on a really nice bull.

• Like 3

" The last few posts aren't bashing you for helping people, they are encouraging everybody to share specific info via PM as a way to ensure good areas stay good."

point taken.

/>

I strongly agree. Maybe if "certain people" spent half as much time in the field as they do on this forum they wouldn't have to be told where to find bulls. And now everyone knows where to go.

Yeah not smart. SEnd p.m.