Sign in to follow this  
desertbowhunter

Boyds gun stocks

They are nice but they are not exactly a drop in stock. There will be work to do to get it to fit right. The holes will line up but you would be advised to bed the action to the stock.

Laminated stocks don't tend to be all that light; however, they are know to make great stocks. Take the time and bed it with pillars.

A+ buddy said he ordered one for his .270 and fit perfect and actually made his groups little tighter.

I just ordered one for my 270 short mag and fit perfectly ...i just have to field test it.

what kind of gun you got. They have drop in stocks you shouldnt need anything else....

this is the only picture i have of it.....i'll try and ge more.

post-4084-0-76517300-1345845094_thumb.jpg

You might no be able to tell the diffrence between bedding with pillars or without, but if you decide to bed it you might as well do pillars as well.

I'm now a fan of bedding my actions after it tightened up my groups on both of the rifles. My kimber Montana went from 1" groups down to 1/2 groups.

• Like 1

They are nice but they are not exactly a drop in stock. There will be work to do to get it to fit right. The holes will line up but you would be advised to bed the action to the stock.

Exactly my experience...

what kind of gun you got. They have drop in stocks you shouldnt need anything else....

I h

. I have a savage model 111 in 7mm re mag

If your putting a new stock on a Savage the best way to go in my opinion is Stockade Gun Stocks they have quite a few models to choose from they are all hand made and can be had in any color you want. Wait times are long but the company pretty much primarily makes stocks for Savage. When I replaced the tupperware stock on my model 111 I considered everything from boyd to mcmillan. I would defineatly check them out. www.stockadegunstocks.com The owner is a real nice guy to great customer service.

www.stockadegunstocks.com

ya i would def. check them out for your savage.

i only have winchester and dropped in perfect with boyds. I dont have a savage, so it may not simply drop in you might have to work on some as stated on boyd's.

HAve a Boyd stock on 3 guns and all are light and great fitting... tightened my groups up on all guns... glass bed them all.

Heres a couple pics of my Savage 111 Im getting it glass bedded now. Its a stockade stock it is the "mule deer" model stock.

post-8912-0-24903200-1346169422_thumb.jpg

post-8912-0-97591200-1346169440.jpg