Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

.270 factory ammo

Bought some of the federal accubonds and some hornady so far, need to head out to the range this week. Thanks for all the replies.

Well? which one you ended up getting?

Ernesto C

Haven't had a chance yet at the range, hopefully friday.

I know this is kinda a stale thread, but I LOVE the .270 Win, and I didn't see anybody mention the Custom Ammunition from Nosler, specifically with 130gr accubonds. I get slightly above 3000fps average out of a 24" Rock Creek barrel on a semi custom model 70. 1/2" groups and I'm sure the rifle can do better (the guy pulling the trigger is the limiting factor-me!) great, great, great 500 yard rifle cartridge, shooting a 140 or 150 bullet you will only get 350 yard accuracy, and you'll need to find a bullet that expands well at low velocity. I've only ever tested 130grs, and only hear from reputable shooters that they go to a heavier bullet for elk at closer range rather than using a .30 cal or bigger better magnum. Just my .02!

bonecollector,

'

Federal has discontinued their factory load using the 110 TTSX at 3400 fps. Not sure why, but the velocity can be duplicated using Re17.

forepaw

When I shot factory ammo I used good old Remington core lock never had one walk away and the .270 works best with 130gr IMO that is the best load with our breaking the bank. But now that I reload I use 130 gr sat awesome little bullet

When I shot factory ammo I used good old Remington core lock never had one walk away and the .270 works best with 130gr IMO that is the best load with our breaking the bank. But now that I reload I use 130 gr sat awesome little bullet

I also shoot the Rem Core-Lokt 130 gr. At $20 per box, I can shoot more. Groups well out of my Rem 700 and works well on deer. I am comfortable out to 400 yards....500 yards if conditions are perfect. Longer range would require something with a higher BC. I'd like to try a premium ammo, but keep buying the $20 Core-lokt.