Sign in to follow this  
Shawn

Here we go again!

How can they cash the check/money order at will but not the card and issue a refund if not drawn? Is there a difference?

How can they cash the check/money order at will but not the card and issue a refund if not drawn? Is there a difference?

They probably can, but depending on who they have for their CC provider, they may not get refunded the fees from processing the cards. Since it is internet, that is around 2.5-3% on 130,000 applicants. That is a lot of lost money if they don't get a refund. You would think that they would have a processor that would refund the fees since they are a large government agency, but there are a lot of things they do that don't make sense...

The easiest way to do it, in my opinion, is give every card one shot and if it declines, sorry... we all had plenty of warning when we used the online system to have it updated. Checks get ran once and if they bounce, you don't get a second shot. They should keep it the same with cards. I'm not sure what system they are using, but it shouldn't be that hard to run all transactions immediately based on who got drawn and then on day 2 run all the backups.

They can technically run every applicants card for the tag amount and have it go pending on the account and then if you aren't drawn it would just fall off. Similar to how some gas stations pend $100 at purchase, but then run the actual charge the next day. Pretty easy to do, but I imagine they would have plenty of ticked off people that thought they were drawn but weren't. If they warned us that is what they were going to do, most would be fine with it since they lock up your money if you send a check...

Basically, they need to fix their process for next year because this is taking too long...

especially when this monsoon weather makes you wanna hit the trails at 4:00 a.m.and glassthe unit you got drawn in:

If I recall, in Arizona, it is ILLEGAL to charge a CC unless the product (permit) is actually sold/delivered. That's why when a person orders something that winds up backordered, it isn't charged to the card until it comes back in inventory for shipment.

If I recall, in Arizona, it is ILLEGAL to charge a CC unless the product (permit) is actually sold/delivered. That's why when a person orders something that winds up backordered, it isn't charged to the card until it comes back in inventory for shipment.

They can sell me a tag every year! (preferably a Dec. Coues or a strip tag I'm not picky) Charge away! :)

See, this is the part I don't.... They can do the same exact thing with a check, but cant do it on the debit/credit card? I just don't understand that.

Not that it means anything, but I keep reading that they informed everyone to make sure CC were good. I never got such email?? Anyone have any idea why?? I did not get drawn for Elk/Ant/Javalina, and now deer. just wondering WTF

Are you signed up to receive the newsletter from G&F?

See, this is the part I don't.... They can do the same exact thing with a check, but cant do it on the debit/credit card? I just don't understand that.

The LAW applies to CREDIT CARDS. It probably has something to do where folks who don't pay their entire bill each month would then be paying interest on a charge where they haven't received any goods or services. On minimal amounts, the interest doesn't amount to much, but on large purchases, it could be substancial over a few months.

I agree with the idea that if the card does not go through you are out. No different than if your check does not clear. Once everyone know this they will use a card with a valid date and make sure the card is paid up. I really don't like the idea of a paid G&F person trying to contact hundreds of hunters who have a credit card bounce.

I don't get all the fuss???!! I think we have been spoiled with quick results in the past and I know it drives me crazy until I find out. Even if the results are not posted until mid August it isn't a big deal. I'm sure some of you want to know before archery season opens for deer, but really, your probably still going out archery hunting anyway. Just take a deep breath and relax. Go out shoot your bow, rifle, or sling shot even. Have a cold one and enjoy the summer. Draw results will be posted soon enough and then we will either be drinking in celebration or depression.

It does matter for people that have the Kaibab archery hunts because they are the first hunt on the list, and it's hard for people to take off work with only a couple weeks notice that they do have a kaibab archery hunt. Especially for out of state people the sooner the better. They have to make plans possibly order plane tickets, etc so dragging it out wastes everyone's time and valuable Scouting time.

Not that it means anything, but I keep reading that they informed everyone to make sure CC were good. I never got such email?? Anyone have any idea why?? I did not get drawn for Elk/Ant/Javalina, and now deer. just wondering WTF

Probably the same reason I didn't get one. Although I did draw a Deer and a turkey tag.

I don't get all the fuss???!! I think we have been spoiled with quick results in the past and I know it drives me crazy until I find out. Even if the results are not posted until mid August it isn't a big deal. I'm sure some of you want to know before archery season opens for deer, but really, your probably still going out archery hunting anyway. Just take a deep breath and relax. Go out shoot your bow, rifle, or sling shot even. Have a cold one and enjoy the summer. Draw results will be posted soon enough and then we will either be drinking in celebration or depression.

I understand what your saying.... But planning your fall schedule takes time coordinating work, family etc... So the earlier the better. Plus who wants to wait for unnessary delays?

Its also in the regulations.

It sounds like a better solution then would be to move the deer draw in with the Elk and Antelope. This way people with the early Kaibab hunt and early deer hunt would have plenty of time. The cc thing is going to be a slow process even if they only run the card one time.