Sign in to follow this  
bearbowman

Dead post.

Willyhunts2, actually thats a great idea. get read yo pay for it though, it will be way more than $150.00 and it still wont keep them from being stolen or damaged. It sadens me to see this happen to anyone. Ihave never met anyone that has been cuaght red handed so I cant say who it is that takes them. I suspect a hunter cliaming his spot on public land. I just dont understand a hunter doing this to another hunter. I guess its the greed that takes over. Sad.

Why would forest service take them? What do they gain from it? I am now a little more neviious than i was about my camera now. I too have one up in unit 23. But to get to mine they will need a tree climber with them so it will take a little work if they want it that bad.

I just recieved a call from one of my hunting buddies. He said one of our 5 cameras up in 24A was stolen. Sucks!

That is crazy! All 5? I love that unit and have cameras up there so that just pisses me off! Sorry to hear all of this

I just recieved a call from one of my hunting buddies. He said one of our 5 cameras up in 24A was stolen. Sucks!

That is crazy! All 5? I love that unit and have cameras up there so that just pisses me off! Sorry to hear all of this

No just one of the 5. All 5 and id really be pissed! LOL!

OHHH haha sorry I completely misread that...I was thinking dang, $500+ down the drain. Glad/still sorry to hear that you lost one

Why would forest service take them? What do they gain from it? I am now a little more neviious than i was about my camera now. I too have one up in unit 23. But to get to mine they will need a tree climber with them so it will take a little work if they want it that bad.

Because many of the FS are anti-hunter, and even more don't like to see "abandoned" property left on trees in the forest. It happens more than you think.

This yr for the first time I had some guys on my cam, thanks for not taking it. I have multiple cams in 24A, you now have me a little more nervous.

I always enjoy a good thumbs up from other hunters as they walk past my camera and assume they do to.

Because many of the FS are anti-hunter, and even more don't like to see "abandoned" property left on trees in the forest. It happens more than you think.

My guess is the POS's use the abandoned property excuse as a guise to justify their thefts. Otherwise you would hear of some response from them that they have the cams and would want to know who's they are so they could ticket them.

Speedygoss, over the years I've had a lot of thumbs up also. Along with full moons with 2 dangling, middle fingers, and looking down barrels haha

Haha that sucks Willy! So it's been a sausage fest everytime? No RAndy women on the trailcam pics? Haha

Speedygoss, over the years I've had a lot of thumbs up also. Along with full moons with 2 dangling, middle fingers, and looking down barrels haha

Ha Ha! No I've only had hunters and the occasional rancher give a thumbs up or a wave. God I hope I don't get the frank and beans!

Guys, keep hanging your trail cameras on water holes, springs and trails, because I enjoy buying them dirt cheap on eBay a week later...

I have over 15 cameras in the field at all times, and in all my years have never had one stolen. It is very simple, you have to camouflage it and hide it.

• Like 1