Sign in to follow this  
Jay Scott

Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Hunting and Scouting

Posted by Jay Scott: I took advantage of the small cold front that came thru the valley this Memorial day weekend and did some Arizona Desert Bighorn sheep scouting in Unit 24B South. It never ceases to amaze me how much feed and vegetation that this area maintains for the desert sheep. With highs in the low 90's, it was downright beautiful. I saw four rams and one ewe and was able to capture some video (see below) of the sheep even though they were over 1 mile away. I was able to cover some ground in three different areas. It was my first real look through the Swarovski 12X50 EL's and the Swarovski 10X42 EL Range. Both of which I found to be amazing! I have some pics of them in action that I will post later.

Scouting+Pics+in+Unit+24B+South+for+Desert+Bighorn+Sheep+with+Colburn+and+Scott+Outfitters+2.jpg

Scouting+Pics+in+Unit+24B+South+for+Desert+Bighorn+Sheep+with+Colburn+and+Scott+Outfitters+3.jpg

Scouting+Pics+in+Unit+24B+South+for+Desert+Bighorn+Sheep+with+Colburn+and+Scott+Outfitters+4.jpg

Scouting+Pics+in+Unit+24B+South+for+Desert+Bighorn+Sheep+with+Colburn+and+Scott+Outfitters+5.jpg

Scouting+Pics+in+Unit+24B+South+for+Desert+Bighorn+Sheep+with+Colburn+and+Scott+Outfitters+6.jpg

Scouting+Pics+in+Unit+24B+South+for+Desert+Bighorn+Sheep+with+Colburn+and+Scott+Outfitters.jpg

Here is some video of one of the rams from 24B South838693349566457000-5312634376582905871?l=jayscottoutdoors.blogspot.com

View the full article

• Like 1

Jay, thanks for posting the video of the bighorn in 24s. If I ever get lucky and draw I might just contact you. I've been putting in for over 35 yrs and don't think it will ever happen. Thanks for keeping our hopes alive. :)

TJ

Sign in to follow this