Sign in to follow this  
Guest akaspecials

Minnesota

Guest akaspecials

So I have a girl that is trying to get me to follow her to Minnesota. Any of ya'll done much hunting there? What's your take on the place? I'd be in the Minneapolis area, probably around Mounds View. I've been in Arizona over 20 years now so I'm a little apprehensive to leave and try the Midwest thing...

I was born in Minnesota. 90 miles south of the twin cities in farm country.

Muggy summers.....big mosquitos.....Cold winters....Lots of snow......did I mention ....COLD!

Most areas in the southern half of Minnesota is shotguns with slugs only, or bows. Areas in the Northern half rifles can be used. Alot of Farm country.

My Uncle owns the automobile testing facility in northern Minnesota, that you see in some of the car commercials. Winter testing facility. They have some good hunting up there by the Canadian border.

Personally, I would never move back there......but thats just me.

Best of luck if you go. It will be a big adjustment, both cultural, and geographic,

I think blackpowder is legal in southern Minnesota? I am not sure what the hunting regs are up there. It has been many years since I looked at them.

Nope dont go. Liberal arse cities. Cold nasty muddy etc. no woman on earth would be worth it. Not one thing nice about minnesota.

Nope dont go. Liberal arse cities. Cold nasty muddy etc. no woman on earth would be worth it. Not one thing nice about minnesota.

One good thing. The Minnesota Vikings finally got a 1 billion dollar stadium deal passed throught the senate. Only took 10 years to get the ultra conservatives to agree.

ultra conservatives? what the heck are you talking about? try ultra, nut job, liberals.

ultra conservatives? what the heck are you talking about? try ultra, nut job, liberals.

The ultra conservatives in the state legislation. Minnesota almost lost the Vikings to Los Angeles. Eeeshhh. I can't imagine calling them the L.A Vikings.

LOL. There is not a woman on this planet that I would follow to Minnesota........O.K........maybe J-Lo.....maybe.

So I have a girl that is trying to get me to follow her to Minnesota. Any of ya'll done much hunting there? What's your take on the place? I'd be in the Minneapolis area, probably around Mounds View. I've been in Arizona over 20 years now so I'm a little apprehensive to leave and try the Midwest thing...

If you're basing your final decision on whether or not you would like the hunting, you're not committed enough. I would encourage her go and get settled, and then go up for an extended visit or two--then make up your mind whether or not Minnesota is for you.

I interviewed there for a university position and was actually relieved that I got better offer in Kansas. I have been to Minneapolis a number of times since (on business and hunting birds with friends ) and I am still glad that I didn't relocate there. YMMV...

LOL. There is not a woman on this planet that I would follow to Minnesota........O.K........maybe J-Lo.....maybe.

Lol. Ok i'll give u that one

Here is a link to Minnesota DNR. http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/

I forgot to mention that public hunting around the bigger cities and towns can be a little tough. Lots of competition for public acess areas. Alot of the farm country is broken up by patches of forest, fencerows and fields. If you can find a farmer to grant access it is easier. The bigwoods country of northern Minnesota has good hunting, but a pretty good drive.

If you do decide to go, let me know, and I might be able to hook you up with a friend of my cousins? who is a big hunter. He might be able to point you in the right direction.?

Guest akaspecials

Thanks guys! Everything is still in the works and the final decision does not rest on the hunting.

Snapshot, I'll definitely contact you if I end up moving. Thanks!

Last I checked there's no Coues in Minnesota ;)

You say "So I have a girl", and that doesn't sound too serious and definitely not serious enough to move away from Arizona and our beloved Coues!

Best of luck to ya tho! JIM>