standman

Who's Getting Excited

So who is getting excited for the upcoming turkey season. With the junior hunts starting this weekend the fun will begin. I look forward to spring turkey season as much as any other hunt during the year. I didn't draw the rio or goulds tag I wanted, but I did draw a Navajo tag that starts a week from Saturday. So who will be going where?

Good luck to everyone!

Brian

Been scouting and finally found some fresh sign of what looks to be a few turkey. Now if the first hunt tag holders don't shoot em up maybe there will be some left up there for our second hunt tags :lol:

This will be my wife's first turkey tag so hopefully it goes well. She already killed her first pig this spring.

Good luck out there!

Unit 1, starts next week. Can not wait.

I'm very excited! This will be my wife's first Turkey hunt. I hope she gets hooked after hearing and seeing her first gobler. We drew the first hunt in 22. I havent found much sign, but I'm sure it will all come togeather soon.

Adam

Very Cool everyone. Glad to see people going to so many different places. Here is a few pics to get the blood pumping. If anyone else has some pics, post them up to.

Brian

My two Az goulds turkeys:

100_0705.jpg

100_0490.jpg

picture0003.jpg

A unit 1 tom:

100_0218.jpg

A unit 3C tom:

100_0308.jpg

And a unit 27 tom:

100_0487.jpg

i cant wait! wont have room in the truck for my little sis this week, and my dad doesnt want to squeeze. So she is going next weekend on my dads hunt. but im taking my buddy out. i turn 18 next saturday and since i will turn 18 during the jr hunt i am not allow to hunt this first weekend even tho ill still be 17. oh well i guess, gunna call one in for my buddy!

Headed out tomorrow morning to check out my favorite spots. Josh has his first turkey hunt on Friday, and I've been too busy to get out and scout. Hopefully I'll see some good sign. I've got 3 unit 1 youth hunters chomping at the bit. Hopefully we'll see at least a gobbler or two (or three) hit the dirt.

I will be helping my friend ,his son has his first turkey hunt .Hopefully we will get him a big o thunder chicken this weekend.I have a tag for the first hunt in unit 8-10 so this will be a good way get some calling in .Hope everyone has a great hunt .Do not forget if youre taking a youth hunting in or around unit 23 the AZ Elk Society with the NWTF will have a camp set up at Colcord camp ground .So come by and say hi. :)

Unit 1 ! Cast and blast 2012, excited as all get out!

Good luck Brian!

Doug

Going up to 27 to hang some cameras for elk. But dont mind playing with turkey either.

Good luck to all the kids...be great weather this weekend.

here is my merriams from a couple years ago. turkeys are really beautiful birds.

post-268-0-15954500-1334877653_thumb.jpg