Elkhunter1

Locked gate on state trust land

I received my second phone call from the state land dept. this morning. This call was from a MANAGER. She expressed concern over my posting here, moreover with the responses from some of you with regard to cutting and removing locks on gates. She wanted to advise removal of locks is against state law and that there is several parameters at play. There is AZGFD, ADOT,and ALD that all can lock access to state trust land at anytime for any reason. She also stated that when there is entities like EPNG and KM involved they are required by federal law to lock access to their roads to protect the infrastructure of the pipeline. She also stated that there could be access from another road and that I should research that possibility. She went on to say that access might be denied to vehicular traffic only and one could still walk in. I asked if that is the case then why don't they post signs to that effect. Her response was that there is to many roads and to much land to effectively post signs on all. She strongly encouraged me to post here what we talked about and to ask that you don't cut locks as others have suggested because there might be a legitimate reason as to why it is locked and you might get arrested in the process.She also stated that AZGFD is the lead Agency that looks into this type of complaint. She said she will request that the various rules and laws regarding trust land access be posted on their website. I in return asked that they post them on CWT.com, her response was they needed user access to the site, and she would be talking to Amanda on getting her to post them. I am eagerly awaiting the call from AZGFD on this matter and will post my findings.

Thanks for doing the leg work Stephen. :)

TJ

I'd be upset too if I spilt ;) my 44oz Dr Pepper at the locked gate I was trying to get thru!!!

post-5396-0-03782100-1330997675_thumb.jpg

It actually looks more like some one took a piss on the gate. jus sayn

Well, it is "MAN" juice! I just couldn't hold it any longer. After all I was PISSED OFF. :lol:

I did not hit the sign, however hind sight is 2020 Maybe I should have.

Thanks for doing the leg work Stephen. :)

TJ

TJ I e-mailed Amanda asking her to call me to talk about educating our fellow CWT'ers on the vast rules and regulations on the subject. I will post results as I get them. Thanks for your support

I think I may be too good at sarcasm...

I think I may be too good at sarcasm...

No! your not to good, I just don't like Dr Pepper

Bill,

Good question you asked me. I'm answering with a PM because there are some sensitive aspects.

Larry

Well, it is "MAN" juice! I just couldn't hold it any longer. After all I was PISSED OFF. :lol:

LOL. I would have peed on the lock and chain .

LOL. I would have peed on the lock and chain .

Maybe I should go out and practice more! Practice does make perfect!

I've noticed the same thing happening on 79 south of Florence Junction. Took my boys out to Cottonwood Canyon to shoot and hunt, and the gates were locked.

Anxious to see what is learned from this.

I've noticed the same thing happening on 79 south of Florence Junction. Took my boys out to Cottonwood Canyon to shoot and hunt, and the gates were locked.

Anxious to see what is learned from this.

I am still anxiously awaiting the AZGFD return call.

the gates have been locked for a few years south of the 60 by gold canyon.... State Trust land.

again off the 60 by gonzales pass pipe line road is locked coming in off of Hewitt Station rd but can access it west bound on the 60 in 2 different places near the burn. the eastern most gate has been locked once or twice but the far western gate has always been open.

James

Be curious to see the actual law that you cant cut a lock off a gate

That law would be criminal damage, after going through the gate you could add unlawful entry or trespassing. I am finding out there are several stipulations and conditions for each situation. One needs to be careful with each gate. This is what I have found out at this point.