Sign in to follow this  
soccerstar2013

How stupid can you be?

Glassed up a nice wide 3x3 with 9 does this evening at about 400 yards a started my stalk. I was within 100 yards down in the wash when I here something to my left. I look up and to my left to see a hunter walking down the hill I was just on about 250 yards away. He didn't see me at first so I walked up the hill and made myself noticeable to him. He sees me wave at him, he stops and looks at me through his binos. I figured any considerate hunter would have saw that I was closing the distance on this buck and would have sat down and enjoyed the show. Well I was wrong! I got within 40 yards of all the deer without them even knowing I was there. The buck was feeding behind a mesquite and working his way into the open. I was ready to draw when all of the sudden I hear something really loud to my left and so do the deer, it is the hunter coming out of the wash and slipping! Needless to say the deer bust and stop at 100 yards look back and then are gone! I cant believe this guy tried to get to these deer before me when it was obvious I was already on them! All I can say is how stupid can you be?

• Like 1

When I saw this question I thought of many, many experiences I have had in the outdoors. I think the more appropriate question is "How inconsiderate can you be?" Because I can be very stupid, but would never do something like this.

I doubt he saw the bucks if he was being so noisy. I don't know about most hunters but I always take two radios with me. I would have given you one of my radios and given you another pair of eyes for YOUR stalk.

I cant count the number of times this has happened to me and Ive later asked the guy/guys about it and they didnt have a CLUE there was a buck anywhere near them. Could be the case here...

I have had the same thing happen to me too and I have had them just watch. I too have snuck in and then when I got close seen that someone else was there but at that point I just waved for him to go get him and watched. Like Sheldon said thats public hunting for ya..LOL. I also look at it this way if it is meant to be everything happens for a reason. maybe you were meant to harvest a 115 coues this year. ;)

I get its public land, but it makes it difficult when you tell people where you hunt...

33 mule deer

37a

And like others have said, he was probably thinking the same thing about you

I get its public land, but it makes it difficult when you tell people where you hunt...

33 mule deer

37a

And like others have said, he was probably thinking the same thing about you

+1

It was probably that place in 33

Sounds like he may not have even known the buck was there and probably didn't realize you were on a stalk. Either way, it's public land hunting and that's one of the risks. I've read it on here and posted it myself...just be glad you have so much public land available to hunt. I grew up hunting with very little public land available and it can get tough to find good spots.

And you ended up getting yours on a very different stalk...it just wasn't meant to be with this one. :D

Glassed up a nice wide 3x3 with 9 does this evening at about 400 yards a started my stalk. I was within 100 yards down in the wash when I here something to my left. I look up and to my left to see a hunter walking down the hill I was just on about 250 yards away. He didn't see me at first so I walked up the hill and made myself noticeable to him. He sees me wave at him, he stops and looks at me through his binos. I figured any considerate hunter would have saw that I was closing the distance on this buck and would have sat down and enjoyed the show. Well I was wrong! I got within 40 yards of all the deer without them even knowing I was there. The buck was feeding behind a mesquite and working his way into the open. I was ready to draw when all of the sudden I hear something really loud to my left and so do the deer, it is the hunter coming out of the wash and slipping! Needless to say the deer bust and stop at 100 yards look back and then are gone! I cant believe this guy tried to get to these deer before me when it was obvious I was already on them! All I can say is how stupid can you be?

Yes he should be wipped in the court yard
  • Like 1