tjhunt2

Christmas Eve

Yesterday started a 4 day weekend for me so Lexie, my lab, and I went dove hunting. It was a great morning even though we only saw 1 dove. The trip home is another story I won't go in to now since it will take away from why I started this post. Last night my wife and I go out for a fish dinner, as we like to do sometimes on fridays. While we're sitting there I say I was getting up in the morning and going glassing for pigs and have scheduled pheasants planted for Lexie to hunt on Monday. That's when she hit me with both barrels. "Can't you just give it a break? Tomorrow is x-mas eve and we have a duck dinner planned for my sister and her husband as you know, so why can't you spend the morning at home watching the Cardinals and relax? I suppose you want to scout x-mas day as well and you never told me you were pheasant hunting on Monday." Then I say, "I'm sure I told you about Monday but then again maybe it slipped my mind, do you want to go?"

Ok, you get the picture! Here I sit typing away here on cwt, which is the next best thing to hunting, instead of scouting to please my wife. She's still in bed and the days almost half over 8:15am. Lexie is bored and I can't explain to my dog why we are sitting here looking at each other. I'm sure Lexie can't figure it out either. I got a new Field & Stream I could open but I'm afraid it will just make matters worse. My question to everyone and especially to those much older. After 34 yrs of marriage should I take my wife's advise and take a break or do I have a real problem? Maybe I do need some help and I am selfish so I'm asking for your thoughts. I don't think asking on a hunting forum is so unfair do you. lol

Oh...poor TJ and Lexie!!! I feel for you buddy! Maybe she is worried about you over doing it with your knee?? Hard to believe Peg would ask you to not go out glassing for a morning....you could have still been back in time to help cook, right?

After 34 years of marriage, you are the one who should be giving advise TJ. But, for the record, I opted out of hunting with my friend last night and this morning which he also did as well. We are trying to fill his rifle Dec tag again on Tues and Wed.

I feel your pain TJ! Here I am with a week off and a 2011 archery deer tag burning a hole in my pocket, and I can't go anywhere either. You know why.........same reason we didn't make it to your party. Worse is when I start to think "oh poor me", I get all the guilt emotions beating on me. I know it's hard to imagine........even harder to actually vocalize on a hunting forum......But......ready......drum roll please.....There are bigger things in life then hunting! There I said it.....let the beatings begin.

Merry Christmas to you an Peg!

Tucson John

:) :)

Why do you think everyone who reply's to this is on here and not out chasing that big one or scouting. Does anyone know the phrase "I would love to but my wife will kill me". I would love to be out helping my buddies with their muzzy desert muley tags and have my kids with me but we signed up for this better or worse thing so just try and make the most of it. Go by a hunting video game for your computer or go out and organize your hunting gear. Remember if momma ain't happy ain't no one going to be happy. Have a Merry Christmas and good luck on the pheasant hunt, your going to need it.

Im going hunting tomorrow morning.... Wasnt a short fight, but I put my foot down and said look, its not every year I can go RIFLE hunting on Christmas day, so Im going! She threatened me, but in the end she wont go through with them.... Gotta get it in when I can!

Oh, and I'll be out there from the 26th to the end of the year :D

Oh...poor TJ and Lexie!!! I feel for you buddy! Maybe she is worried about you over doing it with your knee?? Hard to believe Peg would ask you to not go out glassing for a morning....you could have still been back in time to help cook, right?

Thanks Amanda, I needed that. lol

gotcoues, matthewp45.....thanks for the support

tucson john.....I can't believe you said that. LOL

firstcoueswas80.....you better take snapshots advise. Mr. Bobbitt didn't take Mrs. Bobbitt serious either. :(

TJ, I am not the one to answer your post since Garrett and I went glassing this morning and just returned with some quail and dove. You asked if you have a real problem...yes you do. It is a problem that many of us share. Hunting is not what you do, it is who you are. It's not a disease, it is just the way you are made. Changing it is as impossible as changing your height, eye color, or skin color. Peg knows this is true also.

I had better wrap this up and get a few honey do's done to try and keep Chrystie happy...some friends are coming over in a few hours and we are going out hunting....I have not told her yet.

All I can say is choose your battles wisely!

Good luck and Merry Christmas :)

TJ, I am not the one to answer your post since Garrett and I went glassing this morning and just returned with some quail and dove. You asked if you have a real problem...yes you do. It is a problem that many of us share. Hunting is not what you do, it is who you are. It's not a disease, it is just the way you are made. Changing it is as impossible as changing your height, eye color, or skin color. Peg knows this is true also.

I had better wrap this up and get a few honey do's done to try and keep Chrystie happy...some friends are coming over in a few hours and we are going out hunting....I have not told her yet.

:lol: :lol:

Talk about both barrels.... I get in from the kids AND my husband! It goes something like this:

Kids - "Really Mom? You want to actually kill something on Christmas Eve?"

Husband - "Yeah, what they said! Nice Christmas Spirit Honey"

Ugh........ They just do not understand!

Talk about both barrels.... I get in from the kids AND my husband! It goes something like this:

Kids - "Really Mom? You want to actually kill something on Christmas Eve?"

Husband - "Yeah, what they said! Nice Christmas Spirit Honey"

Ugh........ They just do not understand!

Peg and I are laughing so hard. How did I know you were going to say something like that Ilene? :lol: :lol:

TJ

I've never watched so much football on one day in my life!!! Went out with my brother in law yesterday and opted out today to spend some time with family that won't have too many of these holidays left.:( And I'm sure I've gained about ten pounds by now!!! But I'm looking at the big picture FAMILY!!! Merry x- mas everybody!!!!!