bowhunter4life

end of the year buck

Well after passing many bucks this fall and waiting for two bucks or bust, sometime I wonder what I was thinking.

after only seeing small bucks this December and also enjoying the snow and 20 degree weather, I said self, I think you are cold and tired and the freezer is empty, time to enjoy some tasty Coues meat. This happen to be the smallest buck but a very enjoyable time hunting the elusive archery coues buck. A good way to end a Sunday hunt and get ready for 2012.:)

post-519-0-30099100-1324346995_thumb.jpg

post-519-0-45274500-1324347215_thumb.jpg

post-519-0-32982000-1324347583_thumb.jpg

congrats on some good tasting eats right there. that double drop tine is a jaw dropper. thanks for sharing.

Nice job, this time of year it's all about filling that tag and putting some great meat in the freezer. I got some cell pix today from a bud who killed a nice, fat 2x2. Holy smokes, I've never seen a more "graphic" blood trail - (snowy area). I'd like to post them up, but gotta get permission first. My take is, the last couple of weeks with an archery tag in you hand, any buck is a trophy. And it takes a LOT more hard work and determination to take any coues with a bow than some recognize. Hat's off to you. Nicely done, indeed.

Way to stick it out and get it done! And yes those are some good looking bucks on cam.