Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

December tag holders

Driving out Wednesday morning. 12 hours to get across Texas, then another 4 or 5 from El Paso. Excited and ready for opening day. Glad that it's been cold. Hopefully rut starts early this year. I technically don't have to be at work until Dec19, but gotta add time in for the drive home.

36B.

My Dad and I saw a couple quality bucks in that unit this year Ended up shooting a nice non-typical 85" buck We were in rough country though!

Well, my opening weekend just got pushed back to the 16th. I have some work that absolutely has to get done by that time. I should be wide open after that. Casey, you are dang lucky to be one of so few to draw a 36b late tag. That's my favorite unit but I always put 36c first because odds are so much higher. As it is I am tag 119 out of 125. Good luck to you.

Daryl,

Somehow, with 4 points I drew tag number 4.... AS MY SECOND CHOICE!

Best of luck to you, but man it sucks to miss opening day!!

Casey you better not shoot a deer under a hundred inches until the last day of the hunt :D . Good luck buddy and send a picture when you get your buck down!

Regan

I'll hold Casey's bullets so no need to worry.

Make sure you don't hand them over unless the buck is worthy of a December tag.

Casey - get out there and best your best....look forward to your new sign-on ....lastcoueswas110.

Been rough so far. Hunted a total of 6 days so far (7 if you count two half days as a total) and only seen 12 bucks. Nothing even in the 80's. Seen a couple little bucks lightly rubbing horns, one buck scrappin the heck out of a bush.

Tons of deer, not very many bucks. First two days, my buddy and I saw 72 deer.... Not an inch of horn.

I have the week after Christmas off, so hopefully we can dig up a nice one!

Oh, and Chris.... Bullets have been held.... Minus the coyote at 535 yards I busted yesterday morning.

Casey - I am impressed. 12 bucks in 7 days and no lead in the air. you are learning the ways grasshopper. I think on our last Dec hunt, Larry and I hunted 8 days and neither of us tagged out.

Chris,

The last day I was out I was PRAYING not to see a 80-90" buck as with the way the hunt has been going it MIGHT have been in trouble!

Took my buddy out sat. Nothing in the am cause of the wind. But shot at a small 3x3 mulie 1 minute into hunting the pm hours.....but missed right over his back.

Archery** 70 yards

I have several spots in 34A&B and two in the metro unit. Good luck to all!