Sign in to follow this  
SO I HUNT

Utah Nov. 5th Buck 2011

post-3104-0-77300800-1322415476_thumb.jpgBeen home a while now and thought I would add my hunt to this GREAT SITE!!

I drove up a couple of days early to see family and enjoy the old storys of the family get togethers before going on the hunt. The weather was changing for the good (snow and cold) :D First afternoon was a good start we had a young boy with us that had a tag and shot a great 3x4 and about 45 minutes later had great 4x4 down and after gutting and loading the deer in the truck it was time to make it back to the cabin.

The following morning we had a little wind and snow going on and we came across the buck I ended up shooting, spotted him at 1200 yards with about 7 does so we made our plan of attack. We had two ridges to go and with 2 inches of snow falling down came natural for me ( couldn't see the small rocks )going straight up was bad enough but the going down was h...! Finally got to 500 yrds and got setup for the shot by the time he gave me a shot he was 547 yards. ( love the 270 wsm ;) ) It took 3 of us almost 3.5 hrs to get him back to the truck.

Congrats again partner on a dandy buck! Way to get er done in a big way!