Sign in to follow this  
desertdog

Erickson is out.....

Sumlin can go to the SEC and get his butt handed to him. He willbe gone in 3-4 yrs in that conf. Not sure what all the hype was with him anyway. He was 5-6 last year and now all of a sudden he's the greatest coach available in college football. I think ASU meeds to go after one of these defensive coaches out if the nfl. Mora jr or del rio

I have my fingers crossed for Mora Jr and just hope the Washington job doesn't come open anytime soon.

Three names for all you ASU fans.....

1. Skip Holtz

2. Larry Fedora

3. Mark Hudspeth

Forget Mora Jr.......Not going to happen.

And Pray to god that Love does not pay a head coach what is being reported right know. You have to have money to pay your assistance as well.

i'm glad sumlin turned em down. a couple good years and one on a bubble don't mean he's a great coach. look what happened yesterday. on the other hand, he's lucky he turned it down. love is poison. (sounds like the title of a country song) i see now they are talking to june jones. the only people they can get interested are wierdos. he is an intersting guy who has had decent success but he ain't any long term answer to anything. and he is a bonafide wierdo. he was really goofy when he played. they hired ericson because nobody else with a decent resume would talk to em. that's why they got that jerk koetter too. asu has pretty much missed the ship at getting a good coach it looks. and i think as long as love there, it's gonna stay that way. they might pull it out and get somebody like petersen or something, but if they are talking to june jones, everbody else has told em to go away. Lark.

Sent this to the AZ Replusive today:

Hopefully any new hire will bring along a GOOD defensive coordinator; the ASU defense was more responsible for the team's failures than anything else.

The WSU game was the perfect example. When a QB with absolutely no experience entered the game, defensive coach Craig Bray should have brought the house the first few plays, regardless of the result. Instead, he had his defense sit back, only to be picked apart. Given the state of the defensive backfield, that was a sure recipe for a loss. The minimal blitzes for the rest of the game sealed ASU's fate.

If Bray uses the same defensive schemes against Boise State in the Las Vegas Bowl, Kellen Moore will have a career day.

I fear the Vegas bowl is going to be ugly. Don't know if it will be worse than last years Alamo bowl or the Holiday bowl the year before last but it might be.

I fear the Vegas bowl is going to be ugly. Don't know if it will be worse than last years Alamo bowl or the Holiday bowl the year before last but it might be.

As much as I'd like to see ASU's coaching search drag on to late December / early January ... heck sometime in February is fine with me (after signing day :) ... paralysis by analysis, I actually would like to see you guys dump Boise State on their heads. Always root for the Pac12 in their non conference games. Makes the league look that much stronger.

As much as I'd like to see ASU's coaching search drag on to late December / early January ... heck sometime in February is fine with me (after signing day :) ... paralysis by analysis, I actually would like to see you guys dump Boise State on their heads. Always root for the Pac12 in their non conference games. Makes the league look that much stronger.

your're right but thats not going to happen. ASU looks like they may hire the guy from SMU. Not sure about him.

Now even Hitler has weighed in on ASU's search for a coach....how embarrassing....ASU sucks balls.....

Report is outh that they are hiring June Jones! How pathetic imo if it goes through.

June Jones would have been a VERY interesting hire if ASU had not crap the bed with that hire. Its hard to argue he is a good college coach. Look at his time at Hawaii. And he has done a nice job at SMU. Anyone that can take Hawaii to a BCS bowl and a 12-1 overall record is not a bad coach. Look at SMU. They are just now getting over the NCAA death penalty and Jones has done a nice job there.

But then this comes http://www.abc15.com/dpp/sports/sports_blogs_local/blog-coaching-search-getting-messy-for-asu ......And I really wonder who will sign up to work for Lisa......

Now even Hitler has weighed in on ASU's search for a coach....how embarrassing....ASU sucks balls.....

That is hilarious !

The rumor now is ASU has Kyle Whittingham (head coach of Utah) in the bag.

If this proves to be true I think that is a solid hire for the Devils.

The rumor now is ASU has Kyle Whittingham (head coach of Utah) in the bag.

If this proves to be true I think that is a solid hire for the Devils.

Of all the names kicked around the past two weeks, Wittingham is the best.