Sign in to follow this  
desertdog

Erickson is out.....

I agree that Love has to go with Erickson! She waited too long and now some of the better coaches are being taken by other schools. IMO i wouldnt have minded with Leach as the coach.I honestly dont think Sumlin has what it takes! <_<

And yes ASU sucked bad at the end of this year! But it doesnt take ASU beating the who of a to go to the ROSE BOWL! ASU has been there and done that. How many times has the who of a been to the ROSE BOWL?? And how many pac 10 championships do they hold in footbal???? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :P :P :P :P

Yeah Lisa Love really made the "all american linebacker" get fat and slow...she also made the QB erratic with happy feet....

ASU just plain sucks....even when the won the rose bowl...they could not beat UA.

Your right she didnt but she did hire an old and non disiplined coach that let him get like that.

I don't know why people get worked up about not going to the Rose Bowl. I guess for some it might be important. I still think going out and beating Miami 29-0 in the Fiesta Bowl is as good an accomplishment. Dominated a 9-2 Miami squad in Sun Devil Stadium just like we dominate the Territorial Cup series. heck, beating Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl (of all places) and finishing 12-1 ranked 4th is right there.

Course both bowls go back to 1994 and 1998. For that matter ASU lost their shot at glory in 1997. Although they won way back when i was a sophomore in h.s. back in '87. Will be hitting my 25 year reunion soon.

Anyway, both teams haven't been at that level in a while. Two sets of numbers matter right now. 31-27 score of the last UA / ASU game. And 47 - 37 ... the record of U of A v ASU after adding one to the good guys this last year. :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

Sheesh {feigning frustration} Ingrates, man I tell ya ... give em a little change and they expect a whole dang pizza. :angry:

You people are all the same! :blink: No more handouts for you! You can go get "your pizza" or whatever's left AFTER we're done ... Dumpster diving in the garbage bin. Beggars can't be choosers ya know. :P

Yeah Lisa Love really made the "all american linebacker" get fat and slow...she also made the QB erratic with happy feet....

ASU just plain sucks....even when the won the rose bowl...they could not beat UA.

Your right she didnt but she did hire an old and non disiplined coach that let him get like that.

That old man did bring those two under achievers to sucky football team :lol: did she hire the last one also?

crap, i gotta splain another joke. i was alludin' to the fact that most who of a grads end up deliverin' pizza for a livin'. usually even the who of a grads get that joke. <_< Lark.

crap, i gotta splain another joke. i was alludin' to the fact that most who of a grads end up deliverin' pizza for a livin'. usually even the who of a grads get that joke. <_< Lark.

Heh. Apparently you did not get my joke rebuttal. :lol:

Lark: now bring me my pizza.

BirdDog: Ingrates, man I tell ya ... give em a little change and they expect a whole dang pizza. :angry: You people are all the same! :blink: No more handouts for you! You can go get "your pizza" or whatever's left AFTER we're done ... Dumpster diving in the garbage bin. Beggars can't be choosers ya know. :P

See what i did there? You went the the common pizza delivery approach. I spun it around. Not too far fetched ... i'm kind enough to give you my spare change and yet, you still demand my leftovers (i.e Pizza). You want pizza ... go get it (i'm done you can have the rest).

A&M firing Sherman might make Sumlin a tougher pull. Lots of talk on the radio here in Houston has A&M alumni clamoring for Sumlin. If anything, it might drive up his price. You guys still in the red? Pulling funds from the state?

Everybody keeps sayin Sumlin but no guarantee he even leaves. I think he would be solid but he still has some to prove. Coaching a Conference USA team to 12-0 and being good in the Pac-12 are alot different. Seriously, why not Danny White??

UCLA is also talking to Sumlin. Some news reports are saying that Sumlin has been offered the ASU job, but has not yet accepted. Surely he is working each school against the other to drive the offers up.

When choosing between ASU, UCLA and A&M, I am not sure ASU will come out on top. In football UCLA will always be the second choice in LA with USC getting the most attention. In Phoenix, a mid-major city, the Devil football team has a lot of competition during the season. This comes from D-backs, Coyotes, Suns (in non-lockout years), and the Cardinals. However, in College Station, Aggie Football is the only game in town. They have great facilities, increadible alumni support, the 12th man fans, and one of the richest traditions in the country. That would be a tough job for Sumlin to pass.

ESPN is reporting that Sumlin is taking the A & M job. With Leech and Sumlin out of the mix I wonder who Love has lined up next? We'll know soon because she will leak it to the media to see how the local reaction is before she announces her intentions.

I heard they are looking at mike stoops. Lol

YES, would you please take stoops so we wont have to pay him anymore. It would save the state money better spent. PS only give him a one year contract. :rolleyes:

ttt :lol: