Sign in to follow this  
wbyfireman

tripod question

Is it worth spending the extra money on a carbon fiber tripod?? They appear to be about a pound or two less and the one I'm looking at raises about 5-6 inches higher than the aluminum variety. Any input is appreciated.

Thx

Is it worth spending the extra money on a carbon fiber tripod?? They appear to be about a pound or two less and the one I'm looking at raises about 5-6 inches higher than the aluminum variety. Any input is appreciated.

Thx

Honestly it depends on how much weight you want to take with you and if you want to glass standing up. One thing that I like about mine

(swaro carbon tripod) is that it is more quiet to pull the legs out. I have had many manfrotto tripods that are great that are not carbon.

which tripod are you looking at that is carbon?

Thx

Honestly it depends on how much weight you want to take with you and if you want to glass standing up. One thing that I like about mine

(swaro carbon tripod) is that it is more quiet to pull the legs out. I have had many manfrotto tripods that are great that are not carbon.

which tripod are you looking at that is carbon?

Vortex carbon fiber, it raises to 70 inches; I am going to get the "tactical" version which is a grip handle head and allows you to mount a spotting scope and your binos right next to each other. I can find it for 530$$ on the internet for everything.