Sign in to follow this  
bowhunter4life

remington model 35

I don't believe Remington made a Model 35. I do know it offered its .35 Remington caliber in several other model numbers. If yours is a pump, it probably is a Model 14 or 141. If it's a semi-auto, it probably is a Model 8. Marlin also still makes a lever-action in .35 Remington, as far as I know.

Incidentally, the .35 Remington is a fine old, medium-power caliber cartridge and has accounted for a great many deer and black bear since its introduction in 1906.

Back when my entire collection consisted of a .303 Savage Model 99 and a 16-gauge single shot Winchester, I envied a friend who shot everything including elk with his only rifle, a slide-action Remington Model 14 in .35 Remington -- his heavy, rimless cartridges simply LOOKED more deadly than my puny .303s.

But that was before he let me shoot his his rifle.

It is supposed to be a mild-recoiling round, but the rifle didn't fit my skinny 12-year-old frame and it kicked me sideways into Sunday.

Bill Quimby

I have my dad's old. 35 lever action. It usually sits in the safe but once in a while I take it out to shoot. It kicks like a. 300mag and has the trajectory of a pumpkin catapult.

"I have my dad's old. 35 lever action. It usually sits in the safe but once in a while I take it out to shoot. It kicks like a. 300mag and has the trajectory of a pumpkin catapult."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D

I have my dad's old. 35 lever action. It usually sits in the safe but once in a while I take it out to shoot. It kicks like a. 300mag and has the trajectory of a pumpkin catapult.

I have a 336 in .35 Rem, and love it. It's what I consider a 100-200yrd rifle, but I hunt it mostly in the woods or brush when I expect the shots to be 100 yds or less. The kick is great, almost as nice as my 45-70's, but I like to know when I pull the trigger. :D

It's dropped a lotta hogs with no mercy.