Sign in to follow this  
scoutm

D'oh on two accounts

I completed a summary of my hunt but lost it due to a fatal error when I tried to upload a picture. D'oh #1

Don't have time to re-write my story so long story short....D'oh #2 I shot the wrong buck. Still couldn't be happier with the buck I took given the conditions.

post-1361-0-13194000-1320255140_thumb.jpg

In brief, this if the first hunt that I couldn't wait to get home from not becuase it wasn't fun or that it was too hard I just had this little buck to get home to.

post-1361-0-37815000-1320255234_thumb.jpg

Who knew how great baby sing-a-long songs are to hike to. One little, two little, three little ......

Not bad for a 2nd place buck, Larry!

BUT, you ought know by now you have to post shot distance, gun/bullet/load info etc etc.

Not bad for a 2nd place buck, Larry!

BUT, you ought know by now you have to post shot distance, gun/bullet/load info etc etc.

Was all in the lost story...

25'06, 115 BT, 258 yards Shot was a bit low and about 2" forward. Took out both upper front legs and both lungs...almost no wasted meat.

Heres an idea...everyone give they're photos and stories to casey every-year before u post... He can decide what's good enough, what you should include in the story etc.

Dang, too bad about the story! Still, beautiful buck! Congrats!!!

So what was the other buck? Im sure that was in the story too but ya gotta give us some sort of info! ;)

This buck measured 89" The other buck I believe was just a little bit bigger than the one in my avatar so mid to upper 90's but it had a broken eye gaurd. Both are really nice bucks I'll just have to go get the other one next year.

been there done that on two of your accounts. shot the wrong buck and had kid songs running through my head while hiking or glassing. sucked that it was so windy. still am wondering what is up in those canyons that we did not see that day because of the wind. and then on Thurs there was absolutely no wind at all. might need to go back in there in Jan to check it out. it was good for everyone to get home early on Thurs. I got to go watch gymnastics for the first time. nice buck and nice shooting.

Congrats again Larry on a very nice buck! I feel your desire to get home to your little one, the feeling never goes away.

Hey Larry D'oh!! Hehe, rembember when I shot the wrong buck in Sonora? I wanted to cry and I almost puked! :(

Man you got a nice deer Larry and a nicer baby! Congrats on both :)

Ernesto C

Nice looking bucks! I hear you on the kids songs...have had them stuck in my head for the last 6 years. Now my kids finally like other music, but still get those kids songs stuck in my head on hikes.