Sign in to follow this  
Ernesto C

TONS of FUN!!!

After 3 years of no hunting for me, finally got the opportunity to hunt deer. It was a very special hunt becuase I got to hunt with my brothers, cousins and above all.....my old man, my dad was with us.

My cousin NOE, never killed a deer before, so I took him with me my first day of hunting, Saturday. He saw two bucks walking on the opposite ridge. I told him shot the one on the left cause its bigger than the other one. When he was about to shoot all of a sudden we herd a KABOOM! And I saw the bigger buck hiting the ground hard!! I told him somebody shot your buck!...go ahead and shot the other one; he found the other buck in his crosshair and squeezed triger KABOOM!! The buck droped like a ton of bricks!! I told my cousing you got it you got it!! he started jumping and jumping some more saying I got it, I got it!! :D He gave me the high five with a smile from ear to ear and he told me: "I feel goose bumps'! :lol: Seeing my cousing face.....was PRICELESS!

Here a picture of him and his buck, his face says it all. He made an impressive 350 yard shot!

DSCN4714.jpg

His buck was right on top of this ridge

DSCN4715.jpg

Monday I took my brother Mario with me, we went to a ridge where I glassed 7 different bucks for him, 10 shots later he was able to conect :lol:

Here is a picture of his buck. He got it from the ridge in the back ground. Good Job Mario I'm proud of you, you the man! :)

DSCN4728.jpg

Monday in the afternoon I took with me my cousing JAIME. Jaime never killed a buck bofore either. My brother Javier called me on the radio and told me that about 800 yards ahead of us where two bucks feeding. So I told Jaime how to get close to them and shot one. 3 shot later he harvested HIS VERY FIRST BUCK!!

I GOT ONE, I GOT ONE!! he was yelling and I could hear him 800 yards away :)

Here is a picture of Jaimes buck. (Sorry no field pictures since I went back to get my quad)

DSCN4744.jpg

DSCN4747.jpg

Tuesday Morning I took with me my brother Tony. I glassed a couple of bucks about one mile away. He made the stalk, got within 280 yards of the buck and BOOOM got it! (Sorry, no pictures of Tony's buck. Pictures are on Jaime's camera and I have not recieve them yet)

Tuesday evening my brother Javier took this fine buck. He made a well placed shot at 330 yards.

DSCN4736.jpg

DSCN4740.jpg

Well since every got his buck I told them in camp, tomorrow is going to be my turn. So Wednesday morning started glassing and saw this buck going up the ridge. A well placed shot at 300 yards from my 270 WSM droped the buck.

Me and my buck, on a very special hunt with tons of fun, great memories for my cousins and with lots of :lol: :D :) :P with all the jokes my old man were telling us at camp.

DSCN4734.jpg

Thanks every one for reading and remember to be safe out there. Make sure you dont do this to your knees :) I do feel a lot better now :)

DSCN4741.jpg

Ernesto C

EXCELLENT job Ernesto. Congratulations to ALL of you!!!

tell Tony I said - "Cuando caliente el sol aqui in la playa?"

Wow! You guys really cleaned up!!! Congrats on all the success!

I would have loved to have been there with all that action going on. It must have been a blast hunting with all the family. Thanks Ernesto for sharing the stories and pictures. Nice bucks for everyone. Can't wait to meet you someday. :)

TJ

Ernesto,

I heard that you guys are banned from going into that unit again.

Something bout devastating the deer population!

Ha ha! Congratulations to you and your family.

Having the first timers connect is always fun and good for hunting.

Great job!!! Nothing like spending time together. What areawas it it, so I know not to go there. Since all the buckas are gone now.Lol.

How do I become part of the family. I want to be your cousin!!! Congratulation on your successful hunt or should I say your slaughter. Great memories with your family and you said it all PRICELESS!!!!!! You guys will have stories all year to tell. Thanks for photos and sharing your experiences and really where can I apply for adoption.

Come on man!! Leave some bucks for the rest of us! Congrats on a great hunt.

Congratulations Ernesto! Looks like a great time was had by all.

Next time you say there are no more deer left in that unit I'm going to believe you. You and the family took them all out. Congrats to the entire family!!

Ernesto, primo, cuando me llevas??? Just kidding. That's awesome that you guys had so much success and you all got to do it together.

WOW - a Savage model 99. you do not see many of those being used to hunt deer anymore, especially coues whitetail. what caliber is it in? my dad has one in .243 and I think I might get it from him next year to use on my hunt.