NOFX

2011 Oct. Coues

Stellar buck.thurs

I also would like to hear some details.

Congrats

Long story short cause Im headed out to help my bro-in-law on his hunt. Saw one non-shooter opening morning and then nothin till wednesday when I glassed up two 80-85 in. bucks and let them walk. Frustrated I headed out Thursday morning on my long trek in, stopping along the way to glass up bushes, trees and rocks. At my last glassing spot I set up and instantly glassed this guy up at 750 yds. I need to mention that I was hunting alone and that I am not real comfy with that long of a shot yet. So, I stalked to within 300 yards, peaked over the bushes and to my relief he was still there. I set up and laid him to rest with one shot. when I got to him, I gave my self high fives and then realized just how far from any road we were and that he was really heavy. Oh well, I got him out, cant walk today and it was all worth it. Dale at Wild Heritage Taxidermy taped him at 112 2/8"

Well buddy I guessing that this is the one that you told me about, What a toad!!! I'll call you next week and get the details

Bink

What an impressive buck! Congratulations. I think that you stalked to within 300 yards made it all the better too. Well done.

Congratulations on a very beautiful buck! Awesome solo coues!

Absolute stud of a buck! Great job. Love that you got him on your own and that you didn't take the 750 yard shot. I have always felt like the best part of glassing these deer is that it gives you the challenge/opportunity to sneak in closer without them knowing you are there. Classic coues hunt.

Lee