Sign in to follow this  
NYAZHunter

Deer and camp visitors , 36 B

OK , I got it figured out . Got the deer on Saturday and our camp visitors came through while packing up yesterday morning. Only saw one other buck , a small fork . The total count for what we saw was :

Illegals - 26

Deer - 21

Lion - 1

Coyotes - 2

Javelina - got tired of counting.

post-4457-0-83059500-1319645005_thumb.jpg

post-4457-0-29930800-1319645018_thumb.jpg

post-4457-0-43833300-1319645328_thumb.jpg

Glad you got it figured out! Nice buck! Good pictures of the illegals too. You saw a lot of stuff! Sounds like a great hunt. Congrats! Looks like he hadn't rubbed at all.

Glad you got it figured out! Nice buck! Good pictures of the illegals too. You saw a lot of stuff! Sounds like a great hunt. Congrats! Looks like he hadn't rubbed at all.

[/qu

Thanks . Definitely hadn't rubbed . Was coming off as touched though.

Nice buck. There seems to be some confusion about the alleged illegals though. That appears to be our local nature conservancy group that generally goes hiking out there every Tuesday. Yaaaah, that's the ticket; conservancy group!

Please tell me you reported the group...

I call BP and give them the GPS coords

NogalesJim,

interesting you mentioned the group because Monday morning as I was heading back to camp two very elderly gentlemen were walking the forest service road , so I stopped and chatted them up and and they had names tags and the initials GVHC ( Green Valley Hiking Club) on them. They were scouting the road to bring a group of hikers in next week. I kindly let them know it was hunting season.

Nice buck. There seems to be some confusion about the alleged illegals though. That appears to be our local nature conservancy group that generally goes hiking out there every Tuesday. Yaaaah, that's the ticket; conservancy group!

Yes sir, on the way out we let BP know what we knew. Kinda funny , until yesterday morning we had BP come thru us 4 or 5 times a day and two nights before they picked up one about a hundred yards from us , we watched them handcuff and put him in the dog cage on the back of the pick up.

Yes sir, on the way out we let BP know what we knew. Kinda funny , until yesterday morning we had BP come thru us 4 or 5 times a day and two nights before they picked up one about a hundred yards from us , we watched them handcuff and put him in the dog cage on the back of the pick up.

I have been very happy with what I have seen from the BP down there the last 5 years. They have responded to 5 different reports of drug mules we called in and gave gps locations for. It is cool to see a bird fly in minutes after calling the number and circling them up. 3 times groups of 3 and 4 agents in full on night tact gear set out from our camps and twice returned with their prey. I have seen a big difference since our first year to last year on the numbers we have seen.

Not funny at all. They did'nt run from you. Seems like the way they're moving maybe they had seen other hunters in your area. Locked and loaded is how I would've been. I'm American/Mexican and I would of let them have it in Spanish!

Were you camped in the flats (and ATV up)? We usually camp at the end of jeep trails higher up. Even so, we saw a group move through our canyon. Took them 20-30 minutes to get through what I had considered a dead end canyon.

Hey nice buck. Your story about the hiking group reminds of a time when I was scouting this year in 36b. We were glassing and relaxing when all of sudden this big helicopter comes flying in to save these lost hikers wandering around. By the time the rescue was over there was 5 bp limos, 1 helicopter dust and lots of noise out in the great outdoors. What other unit can you get all this kind of adventure. Deer, lions, javelina and your adventure movie. But, back to the important stuff, congrats on the nice deer. Looks like you had fun.