Sign in to follow this  
Becker

Nice Buck

I was fortunate enough to take this gnarly buck opening morning. Not a whole lot of story behind it since we shot him so early. Here he is, 114 !!!!

post-553-0-83684300-1319402386_thumb.jpg

Good luck to those still hunting!!!

Great buck !!!

Very nice! Congrats. The good thing about "not much of is a story" is that it doesnt take too long to type or read. Lets hear it? :D

Gnarly is right, congrats on a great buck. How bout some more pics??

Tremendous buck Devin - congrats. Contrary to your thoughts on the matter, we definitely need a detailed story and some more photos - come on man!

Calm down Jeff, you look a little upset! I too would like to see more pics. :lol:

Well we had been scouting this area pretty good looking for a buck that we had found last year. We never saw that buck unfortunately :( . This buck that I shot was the next biggest buck that we had seen in there on our scouting trips. I was planning on holding out for a few days to see if we could turn up that other buck from last year. When the sun started lighting up the horizon we could see what we had dreaded. Guys were lining up and proceeding to walk across the valley we were overlooking. Every year this happens but I was hoping maybe the masses would hold off a day or two on this out of the way spot but nope. Looking back into the little bowl there was number 2 and I decided it was time. I am glad that I decided to pull the trigger. My father also had a tag but over the next few days the deer drivers only got more desperate. They walked here to there, randomly shot off their rifles, it was bad. They would see us perched on the hill and still stroll right through whatever we were glassing less than 200 yards away.

The batteries in my camera allowed us to take only a couple pics of the buck, man I was bummed. The buck has 18 inch main meams, 14 and 6/8 inside spread, and those extra cheaters. I honestly did not think he was as big as he is. I was thinking 105 to 106 but those cheaters bumped him up there!!!

post-553-0-96939300-1319466982_thumb.jpg

post-553-0-81838400-1319467187_thumb.jpg

Special thanks to Johnny, my father, Tim, and Diane. It sure was a blast guys!!!