Sign in to follow this  
Scooter

Texas Transplant

Hey Yall, I got transferred to Ft Huachuca after being at Ft Hood, TX for almost 6 years... Not a stranger to hunting forum etiquette, so I'm gonna just say hi. I'm currently juggling time with scouting, pregnant wife, and my job. I've gone to the ranger station and bought a map, scouted on Google Earth, and I've hiked the more popular trails in the area. Hopefully, I can find some antlers when the time comes!

Hey Yall, I got transferred to Ft Huachuca after being at Ft Hood, TX for almost 6 years... Not a stranger to hunting forum etiquette, so I'm gonna just say hi. I'm currently juggling time with scouting, pregnant wife, and my job. I've gone to the ranger station and bought a map, scouted on Google Earth, and I've hiked the more popular trails in the area. Hopefully, I can find some antlers when the time comes!

Well At least you can put in for tags there on the base.

Welcome to AZ

Welcome to Arizona, and welcome to the site!!!! Lots of good info and people here, IMO!

S.

:)

PS: Also, sincere best wishes to you and your wife on your pending arrival! ;)

I was on Fort today at the lodging office. While waiting in the parking lot to meet someone at 12:45 in the afternoon, a nice buck stood up to stretch his legs in the canyon above the lake. I did not have any binos to get a good look, but he was a racked buck. Take advantage of your ability to hunt Fort, it has some great animals. Welcome to the site.

Welcome!! And thank you for your military service! And congratulations on your baby-to-be!! You have a lot going on and we look forward to seeing your pics and hunting adventures on the Fort!

This Sunday the Huachuca Archers have their monthly club shoot on the Fort. At the archery range. I'm sure there will be some friendly folk there willing to give some advice.

Welcome and I second the thanks for your service. Are you originally from Texas,my wife and I are Texans .I am from a hill country town of Bandera and she is from Fort Worth.Great to have you here.

Welcome and I second the thanks for your service. Are you originally from Texas,my wife and I are Texans .I am from a hill country town of Bandera and she is from Fort Worth.Great to have you here.

Nope, not a native Texan (but I really wish I was). We lived in Temple, and I did alot of waterfowling instead of deer hunting...

I haven't applied for any tags on the Fort- Maybe next year I will. Thanks for the warm welcome fellas.

Welcome aboard!, and thank you for your service!!

There is some good huntin on the Fort and surrounding areas. Can't wait to see pics and read stories in the future.