spread: 34 inches

beams: 32 inches each

G1: 10 inches ea

G2: 14 in. ea

G3: 15 in. ea

G4: 11 in. ea

mass: 45 inches

droptine: 7 inches

We have him grossing around 243 and netting 224 typical. The deer field dressed 228lbs!!!!! One of the biggest we have ever seen.

Justin Field

King Ranch Wildlife Biologist

post-46-1138613826.jpeg

That is the biggest deer I have ever seen.

That is truly impressive. What a gorgeous animal.

Terry

I think the hunter's name is 'Ol Red. I wonder if he killed that deer with the aid of humans.

What a great buck! There's the pinacle of Texas game ranching.

I hunted Texas once. I missed the open spaces and wildness of Arizona.

Mike

That buck will make the ol' ticker skip a beat. I lived about 50 miles from Kingsville for 11 years, but never saw a buck like that around our neck of the woods (actually mesquite and brush).

Thanks for sharing , Bill. You kindled some memories from along the Nueces R.

RR

This buck is on the Boone & Crockett web site in their trophy watch section. It states that this photo is all over the internet along with a bogus email. The email states that the buck nets 224 after the drop tines are deducted which would make it the new world record. When B&C contacted the official measurer who the email claimed had scored it the measurer said he has never even seen the buck before. The latest update on this buck is that it may have been taken on a high fenced ranch in Mexico.

All this said it still is an amazing animal :D

This buck is on the Boone & Crockett web site in their trophy watch section. It states that this photo is all over the internet along with a bogus email. The email states that the buck nets 224 after the drop tines are deducted which would make it the new world record. When B&C contacted the official measurer who the email claimed had scored it the measurer said he has never even seen the buck before. The latest update on this buck is that it may have been taken on a high fenced ranch in Mexico.

All this said it still is an amazing animal :D

Deerslam: After reading your note I went back to what I had forwarded to this site. Sure enough, the "King Ranch Wildlife Biologist" who allegedly was quoted said the deer netted 224 points. My next thought was that the image may have had some Photoshop work done, and I looked long and hard at it. All I can say is if that photo was enhanced the guy who did it was darned good. I guess all we can do is wait until the truth comes out, which it will.

BillQ

Ooops!

I looked at the photo again. I may be wrong, but it now seems to me that the dog's shadow and the deer's shadow are cast from different angles. Note that the dog's shadow appears to be behind the dog and does not cast onto the deer. The deer's shadow definitely is on its left side. If it's a phony photo the hoaxster did a beautiful job except for this.

BillQ

If this is a fake, the faker had a good imagination! It used to be one might say, I will believe it when I see it... Now you have to add ... In person.

Photoshoppery is difficult to spot when it is done by a pro. Bill, good eye for spotting that potential flaw.

Would the score of 243 make the eastern whitetail world record? Seems like I've heard of whitetail scoring higher than that? That sure aint no coues.

Would the score of 243 make the eastern whitetail world record?  Seems like I've heard of whitetail scoring higher than that?  That sure aint no coues.

The B&C world records are; Typical-213 7/8, non-typical-333 7/8

Ya my first thought when I saw that pic was BS! heck of a deer but the antlers look photoshopped to me. And the measurements listed are totally bogus if you pick them apart. Those deer in TX aren't a whole lot bigger, bodywise, than our Coues deer(depends on what part of TX they come from though). Would be a heck of a deer if real that's for dang sure!

Too me it seams that the right antler's drop tine isn't really touching the ground. It seams too big for the dead grass around it. and it does seem like the dogs shadow should be on the deer like the antlers are on the deers face. Anyways. Just what i see.