Sign in to follow this  
ruffcountry

gonna double down on coues this year

That would be cool, I am considering using one of my old lever guns this year and now that I finally broke down and got some spectacles I can see the iron sights!

Good luck with the double and good looking rifle.

ruff country I admire your approach. It is interesting to me since I am going through a similar phase. I have been hunting the Gray Ghost in Arizona since 1959 and taken bucks with various centerfire rifles with open sights, peep sights and scopes. My next quest is archery and/or my 7 x 30 Waters TC Contender which is scoped. Now you have given me yet another idea. Thanks!!

Hey J, you shoot it and I pack it out :)

Ernesto C

Ok Ernesto , thats too good of a deal to pass up ,but I must tell you that I dont usually hunt :ph34r: very close to any roads ! Just to be fair , maybe You can shoot one with her too and then I'll pack yours out :)

That would make a cool hero pic. Best of luck! I've wanted to use my old man's win m94 trapper on a Coues hunt. I'll need to leave my other rifles at home, because it never makes it up on the hill.

Wow that is a nice looking rifle!! I think it would be a hoot to hunt with. Did you get it to regulate good yet I know that they can be fun to get both barrels hitting the same spot. Funner yet with black powder loads. I think you will find it real enjoyable to hunt with. I have hunted with my old original muzzleloader from 1854 for years now and have taken tons of game with it. I wish you as much luck with your double as I have had with my muzzleloader. Keep it about the hunt not the kill and all hunts will be a success.

Thanks for all the kind comments from all . I've been testing some different loads and I think I might be on to something with this one post-704-0-92276700-1317182434_thumb.jpg

This was six shots this afternoon with 232 gr. norma vulkan at 110 yds .

The scope is my old Leupold M8-4X made before 1974 .

I know this group may not impress some of the shooters on this site but you gotta keep in mind that I'm dealin with 2 barrels and 2 triggers and this group was shot starting with clean barrels .

Thanks for all the kind comments from all . I've been testing some different loads and I think I might be on to something with this one post-704-0-92276700-1317182434_thumb.jpg

This was six shots this afternoon with 232 gr. norma vulkan at 110 yds .

The scope is my old Leupold M8-4X made before 1974 .

I know this group may not impress some of the shooters on this site but you gotta keep in mind that I'm dealin with 2 barrels and 2 triggers and this group was shot starting with clean barrels .

Nice job it looks like you are on your way to posting some pics of your buck with your double this year!! Good luck and happy hunting