Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Side by side substitute

I would really like to have a rhino to hunt with and take my kids out 4 wheeling, but I just don't have that kind of extra money to spend on a toy. I am intrested to see what some of you guy's are using in place of a side by side. I have a quad, but I really want something that I can take the whole familly with. I am leaning toward a Jeep Wrangler or a Bronco II. I could trailer it to and from my hunting spots. Bronco II's are really cheap, but there dangerous. Jeep Wranglers are a little more money, but they are much safer. What do you guy's suggest?

CJ's are still a bunch cheaper, Troopers will suprise you on how well they do. My Dad had a Bronco II and it was sketchy. I have an old Wagoneer and at around 6000# it dont trailer anywhere, but it wheels with the best of them.

What Doug said... ;)

I know the Geo's and zuki's are as small and manuveralble as a Ranger... they are just not as smooth and fast in the rough stuff. Down in the flat lands a guy can probly pick one up for a $2K'ish... and install a tow bar... Ranger's are still better but the cost is much more...I bought my 2011 and was OTD for about $14K... Good luck.

me and my hunting buddy saw less deer for 3 years straight when using our rhinos... back to using quiet jeeops and 10 times the deer seen