Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

nov early rifle hunt

So was wondering if anybody seems to see the same thing I do.I got drawn for the early november hunt and I am kinda bummed. Seems like all the deer either get shot at or pushed around by the time this hunt starts and the deer are hard to find. I know they are there but seems like they start to key on the hunters in the area and the pressure and start changing things up. I want to start scouting but the last time I did this I saw hunters all over during october hunt shooting deer and come noverber the deer are hard to find. Just wondering what anyone else has seen or what they think.

Thanks oneshot I will def be puting my time in. Got seven days to get it don't. Not to worried about getting a shot and a buck just the quality of deer is what I am after already got a freezer with some meat in it from my girlfriends deer that she shot with her bow this past august so I am looking to shoot something nice but those bucks are smart and isee them all the time then come the first few rifle hunts and the big ones seem to disappear. Got a great spot wear there wont be as many hunters but it seems like u just can't get away from them with 700 tags are offered for one hunt plus two other hunts with over 700 tags offered

not that I believe their stats are accurate but in general, if you look at their stats, pretty much for every unit the early Nov success rate is lower than Oct and the late Nov success rate is lower than the early Nov. alternative is sweating it out in Oct. I think most would agree that a lot of mature bucks go nocturnal once they sense the pressure.