Sign in to follow this  
Rag Horn

Tranquilizer elk hunts

Did not get drawn this year? Would you love to go hunting but do not want to actually kill the elk? Well here you go for only $300 plus $50 per dart used you can tranquilize an elk and even pose for a picture with your trophy.

I found this website in a roundabout sort of way this morning and got a good laugh. I have never heard of tranquilizer hunts before. Seemed quite odd to me but hey to each their own I guess.

I told my wife I wanted to go it would be only $350. She said ‘’yeah right I know how you shoot it will cost more like $900’’. I fear she may be right. :blink:

If you click the link you the details of the hunt are half way down the page.

http://pearsonranchjerky.com/pearsonranchhunts/gameparkelkhunting.html

I've seen archery rhino hunts in Africa like that. I wonder what their rig is to shoot the dart, or if they act like cattle with a grain bucket out. They guarantee the hunt and say it is a 1 day deal.

There are a few places where you tranqualize the elk, cut the antlers off, take a picture and then let the elk go for next year.

There are a few places where you tranqualize the elk, cut the antlers off, take a picture and then let the elk go for next year.

I saw a booth for a hunt like that before at the sportsman's expo. They called it "catch and release" elk hunting. :blink:

-Tracy

Wow,I've never heard of that before do u know where?what state?

It was in Colorado, it was a high fence ranch...

This might a idea G&F could use to make $$$$ after the season is over...

Did not get drawn this year? Would you love to go hunting but do not want to actually kill the elk? Well here you go for only $300 plus $50 per dart used you can tranquilize an elk and even pose for a picture with your trophy.

I found this website in a roundabout sort of way this morning and got a good laugh. I have never heard of tranquilizer hunts before. Seemed quite odd to me but hey to each their own I guess.

I told my wife I wanted to go it would be only $350. She said ‘’yeah right I know how you shoot it will cost more like $900’’. I fear she may be right. :blink:

If you click the link you the details of the hunt are half way down the page.

http://pearsonranchjerky.com/pearsonranchhunts/gameparkelkhunting.html

Did you not see the trophy fees? 17k to not kill a 400" bull? Got to be kidding me.

I've heard of this before, but it got shut down because it was not humane to the animal and 1 out of every 30 or something died. Not my reasoning, just what I read.

I'd bet - that they are VELVET ranchers - like mentioned - a lot of elk ranchers have to dart the elk before they cut off the antlers for the velvet!- season probably over but who knows -