Sign in to follow this  
soazarcher

Last Minute Antelope Cancelation!

Good luck Casey. Shoot a big one. hopefully your hunt last longer than the first 30 minutes of opening day. Take a lot of pics and post the best ones up for all of us to envy.

Ive never killed anything on opening morning... Wouldnt be a bad thing, as im used to shooting stuff (besides my headshot buck) on the last day or next to last day! Im excited, never hunted antelope before!

Amanda, I wouldnt be complaining with an archery elk tag in my pocket if I were you!!!

My girlfriends mom has a very high quality camera.... They are out of town so I'll be borrowing it :P

I think about 90% of successful rifle antelope hunts are over on opening day. I was with a guy once who shot his buck before the sun was even up. His dad and I were barely out of the truck when we heard the shot. It was literally a 5 minute hunt. he scouted a lot but when it came right down to it all those years of waiting and bogus points, gone at first light.

That sounds about right.... Id have no problem with that on a quality goat... Would give me more time to call some New Mexico coyotes!

I hunted antelope in NM a couple weeks back and, all I can say for a guy who never had an antelope tag in his pocket, it was incredible. It's an all-day, every-day kind of hunt. Many good stalks, many good opportunities that seem impossible...Just getting out there and trying to get close to big goats several times a day is what bowhunting is all about.

What a Great deal!!!! Casey you will enjoy hunting with matt and the Borderland crew.... If I hadent just said yes to a mnt lion hunt with my bow i would have been going with you :) not alot of gudies left out there that put the time in that Borderland does... And i Can tell you THAT with 100% confidence... Every time i see another head light down south at 4:30 am in June or July 99.9% of the time they have a Borderland Hat on;) They treat NM just the same, Every time i Call Matt hes in NM! cant wait to see pic casey!!! you gonna warm up that 257 wby for the dec hunt?

The 257 is ready to go. Shot it today, actually about 30 minutes before I called Matt and firmed up the hunt. Shot a really good group, and was dead on..... Cant leave it home even if I wanted to!

Thanks Guys.

The last spot is still available. If you're one of the guys I talked to, and still interested, give me a call. I'm on the road and missing one phone number.

Casey, see ya in two weeks!

Good luck to you Casey! I'd be taking that other spot if I wasn't already committed to helping my buddy out on his Archery Bull Elk hunt. Maybe next year ...

Matt, neither of mu buddies got the ok from their 'boss' so if I'm gonna fly we need to talk about times, and how I'd get hid horns and meat back. Shoot me a text with that info when you get a chance sometime today please.

Matt, neither of mu buddies got the ok from their 'boss' so if I'm gonna fly we need to talk about times, and how I'd get hid horns and meat back. Shoot me a text with that info when you get a chance sometime today please.

Done...thanks Casey!

If this was 2 months from now I could swing it. Schedules already out thru Oct 1 though and I'm workin. My ten year reunion is this month too, but man wish I could do it.