Sign in to follow this  
kennyazman

got one!!

shot this guy on the 4th day of the hunt. I know he isnt very big but i couldnt be more happy with him. I had some opportunities at some real nice bucks but things just didnt work out. he presented a 60 yard shot after i made a short spot and stalk on him and i just couldnt resist. I let it fly and made a perfect lung shot, but only took out one lung. it exited on the other side at about his middle rib cage. He stumbled off about 100 yards and then bedded down under a tree. i watched him for what seemed like forever. after about 2 hours of him putting his head on the ground and then lifting it up from time to time, some people started shooting guns not too far away and it caused him to get up from his bed. he went out of sight into the trees. I left him alone for about a half hour before following his blood right to the bed he was laying under. i saw him laying with his head in the dirt and he sure looked dead to me. as i started slowly walking up to him he raised his head again. I couldnt belive it! at this point i was only 20 yards from him so i put another arrow in him. this time it stuck right in his shoulder bone and stopped. now he ran off into another group of trees and i left him alone again this time for about an hour. i tracked him again and found him under a tree still alive with his head up. i watched him again as he kept up the picking up his head and laying it down again. as a helicoptor flew above us pretty low, it caused him to get out of his bed again, he was standing up about 40 yards from me so i shot again. the shot again was good and he ran into the closest tree and looking at me from about 60 yards away he layed down. by this time i was hot, thirsty, and getting a little frustrated so i decide to pull out and leave him alone for awhile. i marked the area with my gps and headed back to camp to get some water and a snack. i gave him another hour before going back in to check on him. as i walked up slowly i see him laying there head in the dirt. it wasnt until i tapped his eye with my arrow that i finally realized that he was finally dead. I was alone and i was pretty hot and tired so i didnt get too many pictures. here are some of the few that i took. once again hes not very big, but definately a trophy to me. i also put in some pictures of where i was camped. sure is some pretty country out there.

DSC06752.jpg

DSC06751.jpg

DSC06759.jpg

DSC06757.jpg

congradulations still wating for my chance 20Bonus points

Awesome. Great shot even though he didn't expire right away, you're arrow hit the right spot. Beautiful country. I didn't want to leave after my hunt.

Congratulations on your buck. That had to be tuff on the nerves. :)

TJ

Way to go! Any animal with a bow and arrow is a trophy! I killed my first with a gun, but I'm putting in for archery only from here on out. Sounds to me like killing a pronghorn with a bow is no walk in the park here in AZ. Congratulations on your buck!