Chef

KUIU Ultralight Hunting / Vias Camo

http://kuiu.com/

I just ordered a bunch of stuff from KUIU online.

They are having a little sale at the moment and this is just a "pre-heads-up" as it will be advertised Wed.

I really like the pattern although I have been wearing less camo lately while rifle hunting.

Good quality products as this is the new company started by Sitka founder Jason Hairston.

I have been wearing it for a few months and it is the STUFF!!! I love it... The problem I see with all this "new" high-end clothing is that it is all the same material.. Basically Gortex cut a whole bunch of different ways to look more athletic or cool..

The Kuiu cut is pretty straight forward but the materials KICK BUT...

J

What do you think of the attack pants? (if you have them)

I'm pretty picky when it comes to pants. Have to fit well.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

For me they are awesome... I love the fit.. Loose in all the right places, snug in all the right places... I like them alot but I am not sure what you like... SOOOo... :)

J

I got a beanie, ball cap and a couple t-shirts a while back from those guys. I couldn't justify spending that much on clothes for the jacket and pants. I'll give their beanie a shot this year. If I like it I may buy the jacket down the road.

Sweet! Lol!

Let us know what you think of the packable jacket.

I bought the guide vest also.

I'll be doing a review on the guide jacket for everyone as well.

Have them and really like them! Very stretchy and I second what Jamaro said, fit is good. I want to pick up a pair in solid color (wish I did before they sold out) and am on their waiting list for when they get the next batch in.

Here I am this past weekend glassing while archery deer hunting and sporting KUIU...

P1000922.JPG

Ron

Ron,

Great write up you have on your blog about the KUIU gear.

http://teamkendrickoutdoors.blogspot.com/2011/04/kuiu-gear-first-impressions.html

If I would have read that before I ordered, I would have included the beanie as well.

I'm glad I ordered the medium sizes. Is there much difference b/w the 185 and 250 tops/

I ordered a couple of the 185 tops and was wondering if I should get the 250 as well.

What do you think about the belt? Will it hold weight? Say a holster with a pistol?

Ron,

Great write up you have on your blog about the KUIU gear.

http://teamkendrickoutdoors.blogspot.com/2011/04/kuiu-gear-first-impressions.html

If I would have read that before I ordered, I would have included the beanie as well.

I'm glad I ordered the medium sizes. Is there much difference b/w the 185 and 250 tops/

I ordered a couple of the 185 tops and was wondering if I should get the 250 as well.

What do you think about the belt? Will it hold weight? Say a holster with a pistol?

Thanks!

The 185 top is lighter than the 250 (obviously), but the 250 isn't as heavy as I thought it would be. For a general comparison of weight, the 185 almost reminds me of a silk or synthetic shirt (in regards to weight) and the 250 reminds me of a thick, heavy cotton shirt. The 250 is nowhere near as heavy as the Sitka Traverse shirt, and I think the Sitka Traverse is warmer than the 250 KUIU shirt. The 250 seems a little 'scratchier' than the 185, but I have worn it by itself and didn't notice any itch.

In regards to the belt, it is a single thickness webbing. It is pretty low profile and comfortable under a pack, but I haven't worn it with my pistol. I usually wear a double thickness belt or one with a stiffener in it. I have a Cabela's web belt that is similar to my KUIU (maybe slightly thicker) that I've worn my pistol with, and didn't have any issues with that belt. I think the KUIU belt would be doable while wearing a pistol, but there are probably better options out there for supporting the weight of a pistol.

I recently got the Spindrift Jacket as well and am looking forward to trying that out on some later season hunts. I haven't had a chance to wear it yet in the field, but it is very lightweight and packable. It isn't as thick as I thought it would be, but I think it will be perfect to put on while glassing when it is cold out.

Ron

Just received the package in the mail.

Comes in a rip proof bag.

When I picked it up, I thought.."They must have back-ordered something and only shipped what they could"

Then I opened up the package and everything was in there. MAN THIS STUFF IS ULTRA LIGHT! (pun intended)

I really can't add much more than what Ron already has posted in his blog. Looks like very good quality fabric/s, stitching, and attention to detail.

The medium size fit me well and I was happy with the color of the Guide Jacket that I ordered in "Major Brown" as it's not as dark as I thought.

Kind of like a raw umber in color, not a chocolate like it seems on their site. Awesome cause I'll wear it elsewhere and not just while hunting.

I did head to the sink and smiled as I poured a glass of water onto the guide jacket and pleasantly admired how it beaded and ran off. :D

If anyone wants to check it out, I'm in Mesa, work in Chandler.

As usual, I waited too long this season and missed the boat!

If anyone on here knows of an XL Guide jacket in camo for sale, please let me know.. It would be GREATLY appreciated!! I have two international mountain hunts coming up real soon, and Kuiu isn't expecting any new shipments in until mid-late Nov.. :(

Thank you in advance!! :)