Sign in to follow this  
deserttacoma84

2 week hunt -

Amanda.... How about a sticky on this thread....

Like Lark said (which it made sensek, thats rare!) there is a lot of good info here..

double ++ on frozen milk jugs or juice -also frezze any food you can- even though you are takin up room - its something you can use latter.

I have a cooler that takes 12 frozen milk jugs accros the bottom - a layer of loose Ice - its what i kept my frozen- food in- or stuff i didnt plan on useing first part of stay.

i also cover it with an extra sleeping bag and tarp / in the shade and tried not to open it more than once a day.- i still had frozen jugs after 15 days

When I hike into blind I take 3 regular bottles of water and 5 frozen bottles to act as an Ice Chest just for the day so I can have cool or cold water. When we elk hunt we usually get one ice chest with 2 blocks of ice and 1 with oneblock and those last us for about 1 week and then we do it again. Just like everyone has said make sure its in the shade. Cub ice melts way to fast get the blocks. Great thread

Last year on the Bab, my wife and I were there for 10 days... had a really good home-made cooler all our food frozen, packed with dry ice and then put some extra foam insulation over it all since the cooler was too big. We sill had some partially frozen stuff left wen we returned home... We did not even open the cooler for the first 4 days or soo because we packed the food for those meals in the fridge (also frozen) and layed out what we wanted to eat the day we needed it... if you start with everything frozen it will certainly help. ;)

Good Luck!